Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shut up about McGhee

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is so irritating listening to morons on here criticising Mark McGhee. Yes, he is not perfect but nobody has ever said he is. He works with one of the lowest budgets in the league. Look at Coventry's bench at the weekend and you will have seen players like Don Hutchison, Richard Shaw and Andy Impey. These players will be on big wages and the kind that we cannot afford. That is what we are up against.

The anti-McGhee people have no case. You point out to them about the lack of money, ground problems etc and are accused of sounding like a broken record. However, this is true you have to be realistic. The irony is that no matter what sort of argument you put forward they argue back with Turienzo. Now I am sure that other managers have made bad signings especially if they had our budget.

Then you get the people on here who hardly ever go to games but criticise McGhee tactics. How can you tell that his tactics are wrong when you don't go to games. As far as I am concerned you should back the team and management while they are here. If you want to win all the time then go and support Chelsea.

I am sure this will be attacked as another pro McGhee thread or ignored because I have not posted 1,000s of times. However, strangely enough, I believe that your loyalty to the club is more important than your post count. Why not support the team this Saturday rather than just moaning.

Personally, I believe that we should stick by Mark McGhee even if we go down as I feel he has the best chance of taking us back up. If we are struggling after the first few months (October/November) then you should consider his position.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I agree.

But it's too easy for them to w'nk each other off with their funny jibes and bla bla bla's, so they won't stop.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well said - the voice of reason. I too am fed up to the back teeth with the moaners, particularly those with nothing constructive to say - purely negatives. Mark McGhee is doing as well as can be expected considering the constraints.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Finchley Seagull said:
It is so irritating listening to morons on here criticising Mark McGhee. Yes, he is not perfect but nobody has ever said he is. He works with one of the lowest budgets in the league. Look at Coventry's bench at the weekend and you will have seen players like Don Hutchison, Richard Shaw and Andy Impey. These players will be on big wages and the kind that we cannot afford. That is what we are up against.

The anti-McGhee people have no case. You point out to them about the lack of money, ground problems etc and are accused of sounding like a broken record. However, this is true you have to be realistic. The irony is that no matter what sort of argument you put forward they argue back with Turienzo. Now I am sure that other managers have made bad signings especially if they had our budget.

Then you get the people on here who hardly ever go to games but criticise McGhee tactics. How can you tell that his tactics are wrong when you don't go to games. As far as I am concerned you should back the team and management while they are here. If you want to win all the time then go and support Chelsea.

I am sure this will be attacked as another pro McGhee thread or ignored because I have not posted 1,000s of times. However, strangely enough, I believe that your loyalty to the club is more important than your post count. Why not support the team this Saturday rather than just moaning.

Personally, I believe that we should stick by Mark McGhee even if we go down as I feel he has the best chance of taking us back up. If we are struggling after the first few months (October/November) then you should consider his position.

superb post, agreed 100 percent:clap:

mcghee cares, end of.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Er... this is a message board isn't it?... people are entitled to share their opinions... whether you agree with them or not...

I am not anti-MM, but he HAS made mistakes (as you say, what manager hasn't?)... and, therefore, people have some valid criticisms...

He currently has a six-figure sum burning a hole in his pocket, which he fasiled to spend in the transfer window on the striker HE says we need... we now can't get the loanee in that we want... this is not good news either, so...

Get used to the moaning unless and until MM plugs the striker gap he keeps banging on about...

I also noticed he has started to make comments in the press about the (rather large) number of players he is falling out with at present... I expect that nobody is allowed to criticise MM for that either?...

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
B.W. said:
Er... this is a message board isn't it?... people are entitled to share their opinions... whether you agree with them or not...

I am not anti-MM, but he HAS made mistakes (as you say, what manager hasn't?)... and, therefore, people have some valid criticisms...

He currently has a six-figure sum burning a hole in his pocket, which he fasiled to spend in the transfer window on the striker HE says we need... we now can't get the loanee in that we want... this is not good news either, so...

Get used to the moaning unless and until MM plugs the striker gap he keeps banging on about...

I also noticed he has started to make comments in the press about the (rather large) number of players he is falling out with at present... I expect that nobody is allowed to criticise MM for that either?...

Well said! :bowdown:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
3gulls said:
Bollocks! Magoo is a f***ing useless Manager! FACT.

This is exactly the sort of stupid post I was talking about. What does it achieve other than showing your ability to argue.

It is people who will not listen to reason that irritate me. Constructive criticism is fine. I get the feeling that some people on here would moan whoever was the manager and wherever we are in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here