Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shrewsbury 2001?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
While teaching out here in Japan i have met a shresbury fan, he also however owns a Brighton centenary shirt which he swapped with some drunk Brightonian. This centenary shirt is signed by Bobby Zamora, possibly while my mate was wearing it. He now wants his Shrews shirt back.
If anyone remembers swapping a Brighton shirt with a Shrewsbury shirt on the day of our promotion from Div 3 and wants it back, please post here.

Staly said:
Same as your team on the day then.
That was a great day out!

The last knockings of the Albion playing in the bottom division of English football. What could have been more appropriate than the boys reminding us of how things had been only a few years earlier, by putting on a show of Priestfieldesque incompetence?

A thoroughly enjoyable end of season romp.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I was working in salop(shrewsbury)in the late 60's early70's and watched them nearly evry week and in the time I was there they never won against the albion home or away,and had some right donkeys playing for them.
now found their level methinks ???

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Staly said:
Same as your team on the day then.

yes...but what a day....great on the pitch afterward ....gave one of our "Champions...High on Charlie" tee shirts to Mr Oatway...have an Argus picture of us on my wall .....surprised they printed it

I know a mate of my nephew who swopped his shirt that day, we had taken over their director area and was having a bit of a sing song. The pair then went off and posed for pics in the penalty area.

Great end to a day that had trouble also in the air. We made a mistake afterwards of walking pass one of their firms pubs, where their nutters had been enclosed.

Lets say the appearance of our shirts nearly started a riot and left plod a bit of extra work.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Do you remember the giant balloon that blew down the other end of the pitch? That was mine and I want it back.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The Auditor said:
yes...but what a day....great on the pitch afterward ....gave one of our "Champions...High on Charlie" tee shirts to Mr Oatway...have an Argus picture of us on my wall .....surprised they printed it

Your brother told Cullip he was God and Cullip looked at him as so he was mad. I got pissed and wanted a piss on the birmingham bypass.

I can still firt ino my high on charlie t shirt can you?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'm convinced the players had been on the lash the night before if not on the day. We were truly awful. I remember Paul Watson laughing as he got skinned for the tenth time in the game. Adams (who was also laughing) then subbed him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Andy Crosby was absolute GASH that day. I think a kid who was about 12 came on and roasted him at least twice. At the end of the game I walked onto the pitch where he was sitting down looking only slightly depressed - and told him we didn't give a flying f*** about the result, it was the season that mattered. I'm sure they all had had a late night.

Kuipers then hoisted my son up on to him shoulders and walked off round the pitch with him!

Quality day, spoilt only by the journey home the next day - Palace stayed up in the last minute at Stockport I think and there was lots of wannabe cockneys in the services.

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Timbo said:
I'm convinced the players had been on the lash the night before if not on the day. We were truly awful. I remember Paul Watson laughing as he got skinned for the tenth time in the game. Adams (who was also laughing) then subbed him.
I talked to Bob Booker in Burgess Hill not long after that game, and made that same suggestion. He denied it - well, he would - but I think most of the players still had that nasty spinning vision you get when you're totally hammered!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Your players were on the lash the night before. My brother knows someone who worked in the hotel they stayed in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here