Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shower just once a week

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would feel grim if I didn't shower at least once a day and it's more important for women to shower every day. Some of those women are foul.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Showers in the house is a very modern facility, and it's only in the last 40 years. Many houses before that didn't have a bathroom but a tin bath which was dragged out on a Friday.
Most dermatologists will tell you that shower gel is not good for dermatitis or excema. Washing with water is important but it doesn't have to be a shower or bath.

This. Expectations have changed over the years. We had a proper bath, but had to fill it with big pans of hot water from the tub, so bathing was once a week as a kid. We washed daily in the sink, but it was a race to get it done during the TV adverts (they were only two minutes in those days). Oh, and a shirt usually lasted all week. :eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. Expectations have changed over the years. We had a proper bath, but had to fill it with big pans of hot water from the tub, so bathing was once a week as a kid. We washed daily in the sink, but it was a race to get it done during the TV adverts (they were only two minutes in those days). Oh, and a shirt usually lasted all week. :eek:

Washing clothes is as important, if not more so. You usually find if someone smells, it is their clothes that smell, rather than their body.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Washing clothes is as important, if not more so. You usually find if someone smells, it is their clothes that smell, rather than their body.

We never noticed that anyone (else) was smelly!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don't know what's sadder, the fact he showers once a week, or that she goes in a national newspaper and tells the world of the fact and that she washes her lady parts (which must stink to high heaven after a week) with her 7 month old sons flannel.

We do have some classy sluts down here don't we!!

I wonder if she's related to Wayne and Waynenetta Slob?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Brought up in same era ..coal fire in the lounge and a stove in kitchen that heated the water ..bath time was Friday ..strip wash on other days in the bathroom that was known as the ice block

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I did a school exchange in France when I was 14 and the family I stayed with found it weird that I wanted to have a bath/shower every day. Certainly helped to reinforce the stereotype for me.

Caroline Proust (Laure), in Spiral always looked as if she could do with a good scrub.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
She doesn't even have a shower once a week, she has a bath, so she's actually wallowing in her own filth rather than getting clean.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
TBF I find less cleaning of my bathroom is a great by-product of less frequent ablutions.

shower2.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Scrub her down with a yard brush and a cold hose, it used to work in the forces with those a little reluctant to shower

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here