Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... ๐Ÿ˜Š

[Albion] Should we be following Brentford?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Brentford have announced on twitter they are extending the life of their current home shirt. Have they got a point about sustainability? As a parent I would be very happy with an extra year on our home shirt.

Brentford FC: "We believe in ๐™›๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™›๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™–๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ฃ๐™จ and are aware of ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™–๐™—๐™ž๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ"

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its not a bad take particularly since the current kit is nice.

I do think however that in many cases its part of a deal with the kit provider that they will release a new one each year.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Two seasons seems sensible, no pressure for youngsters to keep up with the Jones and helps the enviroment.

Makes perfect sense all round, not sure the more globally immersed clubs would like to miss out on all that revenue created every year.
But feck them....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can just see Paul Barber in his office leaning back and laughing his tits off at such a silly idea. โ€œGimme your fecking moneyโ€ (trademark by Live Aid Bob Geldof)

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It is bad that the club puts pressure on low income families by doing this. I know many parents make it one of their Christmas presents or whatever but the price of them is still disgusting. Kids replica kit should be much, much cheaper.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good plan by Brentford to get parents and fans buying more shirts leading up to xmas, or, have they over ordered their first Premier League kit in the expectation that fans around the world would be gagging to buy Bees shirts, and now they have an unexpected surplus?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I can just see Paul Barber in his office leaning back and laughing his tits off at such a silly idea. โ€œGimme your fecking moneyโ€ (trademark by Live Aid Bob Geldof)

This.

I am extremely disappointed that we persist with Nike given their treatment of their human resources. There are kit manufacturers that don't have the same abysmal record as Nike. Just 12 months ago:-

WASHINGTON โ€” Nike and Coca-Cola are among the major companies and business groups lobbying Congress to weaken a bill that would ban imported goods made with forced labor in Chinaโ€™s Xinjiang region,

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/29/business/economy/nike-coca-cola-xinjiang-forced-labor-bill.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...nike-shoe-apple-dell-volkswagen-a9366956.html

I have boycotted Nike products from way back when they were tied up with the child labour controversy.

I know I'm in a tiny minority here and that nothing will change as we know Barber is only concerned by how much money he can squeeze out of the fans, not the record of the club's suppliers.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I hope we drop Nike at the next opportunity. I like this season's kit, but generally - they're too shady for my liking and I agree with everyone else. The kits are too expensive, released too often and the club are too greedy. A shirt should be for 2 seasons minimum but personally I think it should be mandated by the Premier League. It will never happen and obviously the clubs don't want it to, but that's my opinion.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Brentford have announced on twitter they are extending the life of their current home shirt. Have they got a point about sustainability? As a parent I would be very happy with an extra year on our home shirt.

Brentford FC: "We believe in ๐™›๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™›๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™™๐™–๐™—๐™ก๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ฃ๐™จ and are aware of ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™จ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™–๐™—๐™ž๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ"

Yes absolutely.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
English football should follow the example of our American cousins in the NFL, where you have to have at least five seasons between uniform changes. I dont see why this cant be adopted over here (sponsor changes not withstanding)

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
If enough of us care enough we could always write to the club and force a change?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I like the idea of changing our uniform every two years instead of one and if we have the away uniform and home uniform ending in alternate years there's still a new uniform every year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If enough of us care enough we could always write to the club and force a change?

If enough people care enough, just stop buyng the shirts. If you've got a nice proper blue and whte striped one that you like, keep it until either it wears out or until your waistline has expanded to the extent that you need to buy a bigger one.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm a 'yes' for 2-years assuming we stick with same supplier. The away can be staggered. Third should just be an alternate shirt to wear with home or away shorts/socks.

It's not as if each year there's new technological advances to incorporate in shirts now as was the case several years ago.

Fast fashion can do one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here