dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
for any house seller in uk the HIPS home info pack is a total waste of time
and money !

D

Deleted User X18H

for any house seller in uk the HIPS home info pack is a total waste of time
and money !

No whatever scap hips means they won't do it. In fact the Tories will do ALL they can to bring down house prices in order to re establish wealth creation.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No whatever scap hips means they won't do it. In fact the Tories will do ALL they can to bring down house prices in order to re establish wealth creation.

They do propose to scrap HIPs in their latest green paper though, and introduce measures to allow employers to offer employees incentives to reduce their carbon footprint.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
I may be shite at speling but 2 threads on the toreys and both mispeled scrap.

you've been sussed sunny jim

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Of course they should scrap HIPS.
I personally hope house prices do come down so that young people have a chance to buy a 'home' at a reasonable price.The ratio of house price to average earnings is still way out of kilter.
A home should primarily be that and not an 'investment'.I speak as one who paid his mortgage off ages ago and just wants today's generation to have a chance without becoming prisoners of their own debts!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In fact the Tories will do ALL they can to bring down house prices in order to re establish wealth creation.

:shrug: i've tried to understand how that works, dont get it.

i hope they do scrap HIPS or else actually make usefull so no searches or conveyancing is required afterwards, so its all ready upfront. that was the original idea, but the banks, solicitors and estate agents though it was a bad idea (meaning it was an excellent idea that whould very likly effect their ability to charge fees)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Why would they bring house prices down? Surely they would want to inflate them so as to create wealth and con people into believing the economy is growing?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Their planning green paper doesn't seem conducive to rapid house building which, let's face it, is required if anyone in their twenties on a reasonable wage and without a nest egg wants to be able to afford a house. It's all based on scrapping regional targets and introducing plans led by local people, when has a local house owner ever actively wanted new house building anywhere near them? ((apart from regeneration schemes)). Under a Conservative government well see less housebuilding and higher house prices in my view!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Under a Conservative government well see less housebuilding and higher house prices in my view!

if this goes in conjunction with a concerted policy to refurbish existing stock and re-use overment owned building and filling urban brownfield sites, "new" houses arent very necessary. im not holding my breath though, unless a lobby group get involved and sell the idea.

D

Deleted User X18H

:shrug: i've tried to understand how that works, dont get it.

By driving down house prices more people are able to afford to buy therefore more people will take out mortgages banks are willing to lend. Thus creating more earning potential for mortgage brokers, furnishing outlets, builder, roofers and the like. Also the economy will be buoyed by people spending their cash through other associated products and services associated with an affordable housing market. Rocket science it ain't! If you want to make a profit out of the boom sell up and bank it fast.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The cost only gets added on to the sellers asking price so it should be scrapped.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Rocket science it ain't! If you want to make a
profit out of the boom sell up and bank it fast.

its the sort of rocket science that would up with the spaceship in the sea. prices dropping would force many into negative equity and unable to sell (while interest is low, repayments are not too much of an issue). it would also discourage many to buy, will it fall further? as for furnishing, builder etc, the total number of properties seems unchanged so the oppurtunities for business here remains static. for every sale that doesnt occur there might well be someone who has an extension or changes their furniture anyway. also those moving on to the bottom of the ladder have the least budget for such things. its a nice try but really a little barking mad.

The cost only gets added on to the sellers asking price so it should be scrapped.

the cost is frankly irrelevent - £300? 0.0015% on a 200k home. and its cost neutral for most moving onto another house. if it was as originally planned, it might save people thousands as they dont have to wait for searches and conveyancing to be done. I found out the hard way how people dont have documentation in order when they put their house on the market and it took 3 months for all parties in a chain to have everything ready. i had to move out of central London flat to parents and incur travel cost from Sussex. its amazing that when i buy a car theres a log book with all the info on the car, but when you buy a house theres potentially nothing ready.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The original idea was good because all the information was in place for the conveyancing solicitor to check straight away , the negative side to it is when the mortgage provider still insists on ignoring what is in the HIP as to the general condition of the property and demands further reports that add to the costs for the buyer.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
...the mortgage provider still insists on ignoring what is in the HIP as to the general condition of the property and demands further reports that add to the costs for the buyer.

true and the government bottled it. however with banks in the state they are, its probably time to revisit the concept and insist upon acceptance. the only thing required maybe would be a most basic survey where they check the property exists and is mortgageable, £50-100 fee tops.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The original idea was good because all the information was in place for the conveyancing solicitor to check straight away , the negative side to it is when the mortgage provider still insists on ignoring what is in the HIP as to the general condition of the property and demands further reports that add to the costs for the buyer.

Sums it up really. We just sold our house, when I mentioned a couple of points on the HIP to the buyers they told me thay would be taking no notice of the HIP whatsoever, for exaclty the reasons you mention. It's a total waste of money as the only time it has any relevance or is called upon is becasue you have to have it by law. The mortgage companies don't care, the solicitors don't care, the local authorities don't care, the service companies don't care, and the buyer doesn't care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here