Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the Daily Mail be closed down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes it should be closed down.

Not by any other hand but those who, having bought it, suddenly coming to their senses and stopping snorting its shite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont personally like it but it is said that the wives of many Tory voters read it so the answer is No in the same way that papers that pander to Corbyns views shouldnt.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Every newspaper directs their stories to their specific clientele, unfortunately everyone believes what the news and papers feed them, which is generally bollocks.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not until they give their winter weather forecast no , thousands of uk sledge makers will become unemployed overnight if the paper closes before november .

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not until they give their winter weather forecast no , thousands of uk sledge makers will become unemployed overnight if the paper closes before november .
That's the Express , isn't it?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I think you are thinking of the Express and their ridiculous weather forecasts.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Until comparatively recently l was a great advocate of the freedom of the press and would have agreed with you, however, in the case of any publication owned by the odious Rupert Murdoch, and the Daily Mail in particular . . .

Perhaps I have been wrong all these years but I'd say that Murdoch's Times is one of the most balanced of dailies. On Brexit, for example, its columnists argue for both sides, its editorials are heavy-heartedly pro and its lead cartoonist is strongly Remain (as are a majority of contributors to its letters page).

Better to judge the crime rather than the criminal I'd say.

But no, of course the super-competent and nastily-manipulative Mail shouldn't be banned although a world where people didn't want to read it might be a nicer one. It is worth remembering Mail editor Paul Dacre's maxim that every front page headline should either frighten or infuriate the reader, and preferably both. It's what sells his rich owners their newspapers and, sadly, as you can see most clearly on another thread, some people just lap it up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who thinks that vile Conservative Party mouthpiece for the thicko end of the Tory spectrum should be closed down has obviously never read the 'Comments' sections underneath some of their articles. Gold every time, and the DM knows it, hence they put up all these 'inflammatory' headlines and pictures and wait for the punters to bite. The Carol Vorderman one today is especially hilario.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
That's the Express , isn't it?

The mail online forecast 4 inches of snow in some parts of the north today ! with 2 inches at lower levels , it's currently 17 degrees in Inverness :lolol: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2925651/UK-weather-Britain-wraps-four-inches-snow-way.html

3C18C50300000578-0-image-a-4_1484300501803.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What pray tell should DM readers read and what are your qualifications for Managing Director of Whatyoushouldread.com?

It's up to them. My qualification is my opinion. Which is what this forum is for.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Should Larry be shut down?

Is most definitely the answer!It's either the clone of one of the dumber posters on here,reminds me of GregBrighton,or some sh1t-stirring cock-womble from Lincoln (Ryan Rose).

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think the Mail and the Grauniad are both poor. Never look at the Mail and have recently given up the Grauniad. Ironically I now have to pay for what I read, and that's not great value for money (And I'm not paying much).

The BBC website is looking the smarter option.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here