Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should people be allowed to VAPE at the Amex?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Smells bloody nice anyway if you got a good flavour. Much better than aftershave. Some people just like to pick holes :thumbsup:

Blueberry is nice, the cherry cola is not imo. A bloke near where i originally sat did not vape in the ground but seemed to give off a BO flavour.....not nice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There's a bloke a few rows in front of us who does it all the time. Never seen a steward anywhere near him.

It's a no from me. It can be as irritating as cigarette smoke, even if it isn't damaging. Bloody great clouds of sickly strawberry flavoured fog.

Phew, not me then, i don't vape strawberry.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Vape & smoke are not the same thing. Vapour is water vapour, i.e. not smoke.

Where people are allowed to chew gum, they should be allowed to vape. There is no logic to saying it shouldn't be allowed, it doesn't cause harm to anyone else at all, smoking does, vaping does not.

If people think that because there may be an aroma it shouldn't be allowed, the same goes for aftershave, chewing gum and burgers.

I understand that people assosciate it with smoking - which is nasty - and I sympathise with those who would feel uncomfortable sitting next to someone who is vaping, but if you apply some logic, there is no good reason for it to be banned / not allowed.

& to be clear, I would prefer the person next to me not to vape, but I would also prefer the person next to me not to eat a stinky burger or wear Brut, but I can't justify banning any of those thing because I personally don't like them.

What a load of bo!!ocks. Vaping does stink and people blow it out in your frigging FACE. Gets right on my t!ts. Like blowing a load of water vaper in my face is ok because it stinks of peppermint, chocolate or ducks @rse flavour. Someone wearing Brut doesnt take a gob full of it and spit it in the air or in my face, it stays firmly in their pits. Neither does any burger eaters near me in the NW take a gob full of the vapor and spit it in my face. Dont know where you sit.

Disgusting habit when its forced in my face which seems to be a regular thing (not sure if its because I am 6'4"), just as bad as smoking IMO. Long term effects arent known. In the 60's smoking was considered 'healthy'. Lets see the longer term effects of this before its even considered to be 'not harmfull'.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes. Specified areas on the concourses and anywhere in the seats
And you should be allowed to smoke in the seats as well, its not strictly indoors is it.
Fags, pipes, cigars (Havanas in 1901 only) the lot.
And if you have a moaner nearby you should be allowed to blow smoke in his/her face.
I would love to hear just before the teams run out "Gentlemen, you may smoke"

And that moaner should be allowed 1 free punch to your face. Would love to hear just before the teams run out "Gentlemen you may smack anyone near who is vaping" :rave::clap2::flounce::annoyed:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yeah, hospitals ban smoking, yet outside the hospital where I work there is a line up of twats with drips on wheels, puffing away. A classic example of hard rules that nobody enforces.

I have been amazed how well the no smoking thing is observed at the football. There is hope for us yet. As for the above: get into the sea (or the Thames - somewhat closer).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a load of bo!!ocks. Vaping does stink and people blow it out in your frigging FACE. Gets right on my t!ts. Like blowing a load of water vaper in my face is ok because it stinks of peppermint, chocolate or ducks @rse flavour. Someone wearing Brut doesnt take a gob full of it and spit it in the air or in my face, it stays firmly in their pits. Neither does any burger eaters near me in the NW take a gob full of the vapor and spit it in my face. Dont know where you sit.

Disgusting habit when its forced in my face which seems to be a regular thing (not sure if its because I am 6'4"), just as bad as smoking IMO. Long term effects arent known. In the 60's smoking was considered 'healthy'. Lets see the longer term effects of this before its even considered to be 'not harmfull'.
Can't you just crouch down when people smoke around you?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Long term effects arent known. In the 60's smoking was considered 'healthy'. Lets see the longer term effects of this before its even considered to be 'not harmfull'.

110% This. Its a new thing. It has not been properly safety tested. Frankly, at least good old vegan tobacco has been properly tested and we know what it does. Weird smelling and coloured shit, who knows? It is presumed safe because it is (or more accurately can be - but isn't necessarily) made from squished fruit and angels tears, but . . . is it, though? Is it really?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Long term effects arent known. In the 60's smoking was considered 'healthy'. Lets see the longer term effects of this before its even considered to be 'not harmfull'.

long term effects are known, because its water and glycerin, common in foods and medicines. flavorings are common food additives, there may possibly be a infintessimal effect for some. but there isnt really. remember when colourings and flavourings would kill us all in the 80's?

though i completely sympathise with the plumes of smoke, vapers should be considerate of others and not use heavy vapes when around company, vape away from others. i dont want a face full of strawberry cloud.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
long term effects are known, because its water and glycerin, common in foods and medicines. flavorings are common food additives, there may possibly be a infintessimal effect for some. but there isnt really.

Well we don't have a choice in inhaling a load of stuff other than air in our normal lives so choosing to inhale a load of extra water and glycerin can't do us much good.

remember when colourings and flavourings would kill us all in the 80's?

Well they are aren't they? Or at the very least contributing to it.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Golly, the Health Police are out in force here. I've smoked for most of my life and one of the reasons that I haven't quit is that everyone keeps telling me so to do. In Britain there always seems to be someone who wants to ban something else that others enjoy. But vaping: do me a favour. Disgusting waste of time.

No-one has yet mentioned a considerably more disgusting habit than smoking. Chewing gum, which I consider to be revolting. No one has worked out how users can dispose of the chewed up 'remains', so as a result they are all over pavements practically permanently and underneath most flat surfaces in public buildings.For all I know crammed full of germ,s from their original users mouths...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
There's a bloke a few rows in front of us who does it all the time. Never seen a steward anywhere near him.

It's a no from me. It can be as irritating as cigarette smoke, even if it isn't damaging. Bloody great clouds of sickly strawberry flavoured fog.
Ah.....are you North Stand N1D?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I wonder if people have the same feeling about you when you're talking bollocks with beery breath?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well we don't have a choice in inhaling a load of stuff other than air in our normal lives so choosing to inhale a load of extra water and glycerin can't do us much good.

Well they are aren't they? Or at the very least contributing to it.

lets put it in perspective: there's orders of magnitude more water, glycerin and additives in a small chewy sweet than in vape cloud. we're comparing micro grams to grams.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, however they should let people os at halftime to smoke whatever they like, I'm not a smoker btw however I have fond memories as a child of my first trip to the Run and the smell of pipe and cigar smoke wafting across the terrace!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here