Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should NSC start its own football club?

Should NSC start its own football club?

• Total voters

Nicks

We had a NSC team a good few years ago and I remember playing Millwall up at Falmer and both sets of players booing Paul Kitson who was up there for some reason.
We also played against Albion Old Boys with Dean Wilkins, Andy Rollings and John Keeley playing for them , at East Prestons ground.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We could all chuck in a few quid, found a team, and start at the bottom of the league pyramid. See how far we go.

Some of us might even be good enough to play. The older and more rotund of us could stick to watching/following.

But what if the members of that football forum NSC who want to play football are already playing for teams at all sorts of levels, eg school, youth, Saturday leagues, Sunday Leagues, CountyLeagues, Evening 5/6/7 a side leagues, Veterans, over 50s/60s/70s leagues ???

Good luck in getting people who aren't already playing, but I'll carry on with the teams I currently play for :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Some people are obviously desperate to start new threads, and do so without considering whether it's a good idea or not.

Next up, should NSC start their own:

Book Club
Cooking Club
Chess Club....

Reactions: cjd

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
5 of us in so far. That's £1,000 each towards the £5k required to found an NSC/Albion supporters non-league team! If we can get 100 people in that's just £50 quid each. 1,000 of us and it's a fiver each.

For those that have voted against, you change your votes if you decide that this, in fact, is a brilliant & fun idea after all.

Withdean stadium - former Albion players making cameos. It'll be brilliant. Let's make it happen chaps!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In the late 1980’s Albion supporters put out a team to play Eagle Star Birmingham at Waterhall.
I missed a penalty for the Albion Supporters XI against Rotherham once.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Some people are obviously desperate to start new threads, and do so without considering whether it's a good idea or not.

Next up, should NSC start their own:

Book Club
Cooking Club
Chess Club....

I'd prefer a chest club, can you imagine how the members would be up for this.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think you would need to see the age range and average BMI index of the potential suspects. I suspect that both might be quite high these days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thread’s been open three hours and no wins. Sack the board!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m happy to run the 2024 Club. I can provide valuable input into this….and I guarantee we will have a coat rail.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Any fule who know anything knows there was an NSC team, of sorts, that used to meet for a kick around in Regents Park on Thursday evenings in the early 2000s.

Team mates generally called for the ball by hollering the NSC username of the player in possession (which, yes, was just as cringe-inducing then as it sounds now, but it was simply easier). And no match was considered complete until @Man of Harveys had hit at least one innocent passer-by in the face with a speculative 25-yard thunderbastard.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I just won £220 on a horse race so I'm happy to sponsor 1 sock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here