• No way

Votes: 248 79.0%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don’t think it’s dangerous.

Just incredibly naive and nonsensical historical relativism; primary school level I’d say.

He’ll be castigating Boris the Liar over the Irish potato famine and the Boer Wars concentration camps next.

Some people are very sensitive and thin skinned and need a historical crutch to lean on, no matter what is happening in the present day. You can label almost any country anything if you go far enough through the history books. Pathetic.

Anyone parroting the terrorist Kremlin's narrative is scum.

The poster also has an anti-British agenda as well - basically racism - demonstrated previously on this board.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why would one want to know such a thing? Did you want my old shoes once I’m gone? I’ll leave them outside the Welly in Shoreham for you. Seems appropriate.

surely you're not that slow , you were talking about offing yourself before ...:rolleyes: one of the oldest jokes in the book.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes. Ukrainians are dying for our freedom at the moment. Doesn’t sit right at all. We have the firepower to defend them. Take out that convoy for a start.

another good reason for no. it starts as no-fly, then suppression of movement on the ground. eitherway actions on Russian units, resulting in all out war.

and regarding the infamous column probably counter-productive. there is a good chance that column is going to run out of fuel, food and morale, mass desertion and a Ukrainian victory. with such a massive failure the Russians likely turn on Putin. the west straffing and bombing instead would go the other way, galvanise them and their perceived view of Western aggression.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't trust Putin whichever way, I mean who bombs a nuclear plant?

Surely it's a matter of time before he makes it a world war.

This has to be going the whole way unless he and his men are taken out quickly....hardly likely.

he hasn't bombed the nuclear facility , he bombed the training facility attached to it .....we are being fed a load of tripe by the media , this situations is ridiculous , the genie is out of the bottle here , all the bs over the last 50 / 60 years is now coming to a head in Ukraine , you can't blame one side .......it's a ****ing cluster**** and there are very few people on this board or any others who have a decent grip of exactly what is going on here and why , it is terrible to see so many civilian casualties but meanwhile US forces are bombing Somalia , Syria are still bombing Yemen .....wtf is going on here ffs...? A nuclear conclusion surely cant be possible , there will be no winners.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only end game I can plausibly imagine that suits Putin is to install a Russia-friendly (puppet) regime in Ukraine as per Ukraine pre-2014 and Belarus currently.

That makes sense. And he will of course get away with it.

Meanwhile I hope the wqes pulls up the drawbridge.

Sadly this will present a great opportunity for China to trade tech, and not receive any boycotts from the west.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly I agree. We shouldn't be allowing civilians to be slaughtered.

I get the risks but we can't let a modern day Hitler have his way.

I find incomprehensable that we can allow the slaughter to continue.

This is how I now feel.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
he hasn't bombed the nuclear facility , he bombed the training facility attached to it .....we are being fed a load of tripe by the media , this situations is ridiculous , the genie is out of the bottle here , all the bs over the last 50 / 60 years is now coming to a head in Ukraine , you can't blame one side .......it's a ****ing cluster**** and there are very few people on this board or any others who have a decent grip of exactly what is going on here and why , it is terrible to see so many civilian casualties but meanwhile US forces are bombing Somalia , Syria are still bombing Yemen .....wtf is going on here ffs...? A nuclear conclusion surely cant be possible , there will be no winners.

Except there is testimony from thousands in this country with relatives back in the Ukraine. There are several on this board. I know who I believe.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes. Ukrainians are dying for our freedom at the moment. Doesn’t sit right at all. We have the firepower to defend them. Take out that convoy for a start.

What is wrong with you? Putin is a madman who is acting irrationally. He has proven he doesn't give a shit about human life or misery, firstly supporting Assad in Syria and now this illegal war in Ukraine that has included firing missiles at a nuclear power plant and bombing a Jewish cemetary.

If ever there was a world leader in the last 50 years who is capable of pushing the nuclear button it is Putin. He's even describing sanctions as an act of war when, clearly, it is a reactive measure to his aggression. He needs only the flimsiest of reasons as a pretext to start WW3 and taking out their convoy would be the start of that war.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What is wrong with you? Putin is a madman who is acting irrationally. He has proven he doesn't give a shit about human life or misery, firstly supporting Assad in Syria and now this illegal war in Ukraine that has included firing missiles at a nuclear power plant and bombing a Jewish cemetary.

If ever there was a world leader in the last 50 years who is capable of pushing the nuclear button it is Putin. He's even describing sanctions as an act of war when, clearly, it is a reactive measure to his aggression. He needs only the flimsiest of reasons as a pretext to start WW3 and taking out their convoy would be the start of that war.

Indeed. Similar to the killing of Franz Ferdinand. Except, this particular incident would mean the end of Russia and the western world for a couple of thousand years as well as the extinction of millions of animal and plant species. All down to one man.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I genuinely don’t understand the 55 people who voted yes. Unless they just want to see the final scene of Doctor Strangelove bought to life?

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Putin really isn’t a madman, he’s a greedy and cynical national leader who’s using his carefully manufactured image to add weight to the idea that he *might* use Russia’s nuclear deterrent. He won’t of course, he just likes to intimidate others. It seems to be really effective.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Nato sending in troops or planes would result in WW3. A far better strategy is to support the Ukrainian people
in every way, weapons, intelligence and aid, whilst trying to win over the Russian people and troops. Fighting fire with fire would be an absolute gift to Putin, as he would use it to galvanise the Russian people and justify his war. Nato getting involved would also seriously increase the loss of life on both sides, the shelling and bombing would escalate dramatically and if Putin feels he is losing, will resort to ever greater fire power. No, we need a strong Ukrainian resistance whilst giving Putin an exit strategy or alienate him to the point he is over thrown by his own generals / people. The West needs to show complete solidarity in its condemnation of the invasion, with the fullest sanctions whilst supporting Ukraine in every possible way apart from sending in troops.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Putin really isn’t a madman, he’s a greedy and cynical national leader who’s using his carefully manufactured image to add weight to the idea that he *might* use Russia’s nuclear deterrent. He won’t of course, he just likes to intimidate others. It seems to be really effective.

How do you know he won't? And what sane leader holds his meetings at one end of a 30 foot table? I think he is more than capable of pushing the button, he probably thinks Russia has had unfinished business since Khrushchev bottled it 60 years ago.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
How do you know he won't? And what sane leader holds his meetings at one end of a 30 foot table? I think he is more than capable of pushing the button, he probably thinks Russia has had unfinished business since Khrushchev bottled it 60 years ago.

Because he wants to live. And he wants Russia to grow, not be destroyed.

He knows full well that any nuclear war is effectively Game Over for Russia as well as the rest of the world. I can’t understand this weird viewpoint that “he’s mad! He’s completely mad!” He isn’t mad at all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bored no in this. BUT I find myself asking at what stage do we get involved. When he invaded the next country? When he has killed or removed all Ukraine? Only when he invaded a NATO country? If they are seriously worried that he will press button then all we are really doing it playing for time in the hope someone gets rid of him and his cronies. I really hope that serious people are working on that now. It may be our only chance of preventing the end of the world.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Because he wants to live. And he wants Russia to grow, not be destroyed.

He knows full well that any nuclear war is effectively Game Over for Russia as well as the rest of the world. I can’t understand this weird viewpoint that “he’s mad! He’s completely mad!” He isn’t mad at all.

If Hitler had a big red button to press in his last days of the bunker he would have pressed it. No doubt.

The worry is if Putin fails he will do the same. If he succeeds it’s not great either. Rock and a hard place.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If Hitler had a big red button to press in his last days of the bunker he would have pressed it. No doubt.

The worry is if Putin fails he will do the same. If he succeeds it’s not great either. Rock and a hard place.

That’s conjecture, but if it was at the point that we were bombing Berlin, I dare say you’re right.

What if we don’t go into Russia though, and just drive Russian forces back across their border. Keep the sanctions going all the while Putin’s regime are in power, and make it clear that the sanctions remain while Putin’s in power, and that we’ll intervene again if Putin gets aggressive in another direction.

Ideally, we want to encourage Russia to reform itself, as Russia would (quite rightly) not accept a ‘parachuted in’ puppet government.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Well if he says sanctions are an act of war, and a no fly zone is an act of war, then we are doing no more by enforcing a no fly zone to kick of WW3 than we are by sanctions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here