Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So do you really believe lewis Hamilton did not know his company was going to court over the Hamilton name?
Stick him in a slower car next year and watch the him throw his toys about when vestappen whips his arse.

Who knows how much input LH has in all his marketing decisions, it seems to me people who dislike him put 2 & 2 together and blame him because they think he is so arrogant that is what he would have done.

So by putting Hamilton in a slower car will convince the doubters he is not worthy of an award? That's crazy way of evaluating his talent, it's like saying Schumacher was dominant only because he had the best car, any driver who has won a grand prix only won because they had the best team. Now with your famous racing pedigree do you think your relative would have been as successful without the fastest vehicle & team to support him? Also with that mindset a F1 driver (or any sportsperson who is part of a team, Beckham, Regrave ect ect ect)will never be awarded a knighthood, OBE ect because they couldn't achieve success in an inferior team, frankly mate incredible.
It's because you dont like him is seems to cloud the fact that he is a brilliant sportsman, dominant in his field and the most successful driver the sport has seen. Dont get me wrong I have been a bigger fan of other drivers......Mansell, Button, Hunt but Hamilton has been more successful than all of them and deserves the plaudits. The lad from a Stevanage estate, who Dad funded his talent through the racing fraternity to achieve the success he has today would make a good film. He hasn't bought his success, he has well and truly earned it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha, well Icy, you have just proved to me with that line that you know nothing about motor sport over the past 60 years.
I know the poll doesn't show how you would like, but let's get real, Hamilton is not worshipped and that is for a reason and NOTHING to do with his race.

Au contraire, I have been watching F1 since about 1965 and remember all the past greats and imo Hamilton is the best of the lot :shrug:

Your comments about Sir Stirling Moss show you up as a know nothing :smile: this was a man who could drive ANY car in any race and be competitive. You should do a little research. If we are talking about the best ever British racer, he wins imo. but we are talking F1 and Hamilton is the daddy, end of.

I am not suggesting any F1 driver is anything but a self centred egomaniac but this is not about who you’d want as your best friend is it? Being an arse is almost a given with F1 drivers and Jackie Stewart is right up there as well as being the most boring ex driver I can think of :shrug:

Stewart makes a post match Sami Hyypia interview sound thrilling in comparison.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t think you’re getting it !

You may be right. It can't have been anything important. Never mind :thumbsup:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
For what my opinion is worth, I've met Lewis briefly after Silverstone 2019. He was as humble and nice as a celebrity as I've met. Took a minute to chat, even asked me a question or two.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For what my opinion is worth, I've met Lewis briefly after Silverstone 2019. He was as humble and nice as a celebrity as I've met. Took a minute to chat, even asked me a question or two.

That can't be right, that's complete the opposite of what Brian Parsons has told us and he should know!!!!:lolol:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Lewis spent about 30 minutes doing an interview on the main stage and taking questions from the crowd, and then another good 30 minutes signing things and talking to fans. All this about an hour after a full race.

Either Brian is bullshitting or that was during a period in Lewis' career where he was a little troubled personally. In recent years he is a much changed character, very humble, and open. I actually think that's a reason why he has been so successful lately.

People can change for the better, it's a shame that the public made their mind up about him years ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So unimportant you bothered to falsely accuse someone you don't know of being racist... you really are a smug arrogant prat

You didn't seem bothered ??? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I’m defining it as paying what is morally right. Of course there are loop holes to help the wealthy. That’s why we left the EU to avoid them closing up. Morally repugnant

Ah yes. You falsely accused Hamilton of not paying taxes (and as has been repeatedly pointed out, he pays his taxes). He also puts money into charities. And you call him morally repugnant?

I think you are racist :shrug:

And a bit of a brainless fool to boot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lewis spent about 30 minutes doing an interview on the main stage and taking questions from the crowd, and then another good 30 minutes signing things and talking to fans. All this about an hour after a full race.

Either Brian is bullshitting or that was during a period in Lewis' career where he was a little troubled personally. In recent years he is a much changed character, very humble, and open. I actually think that's a reason why he has been so successful lately.

People can change for the better, it's a shame that the public made their mind up about him years ago.

And yet it took about 3 months and one goal for the public to fall in love with Beckham again (the man who 'lost us the world cup') ???.

Racists, too dishonest or stupid to admit they're racists, is my inference :shrug:

Last edited:

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Ah yes. You falsely accused Hamilton of not paying taxes (and as has been repeatedly pointed out, he pays his taxes). He also puts money into charities. And you call him morally repugnant?

I think you are racist :shrug:

And a bit of a brainless fool to boot.

Actually I think its racist to defend someone on the grounds of their colour...if the hats fits ! Btw the morally repugnant comment was aimed at the decision to leave the the EU to avoid taxes...brainless you say, I'm clearly battling an intellectual colossus

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't waste your breath TG. I've put you on ignore.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who knows how much input LH has in all his marketing decisions, it seems to me people who dislike him put 2 & 2 together and blame him because they think he is so arrogant that is what he would have done.

So by putting Hamilton in a slower car will convince the doubters he is not worthy of an award? That's crazy way of evaluating his talent, it's like saying Schumacher was dominant only because he had the best car, any driver who has won a grand prix only won because they had the best team. Now with your famous racing pedigree do you think your relative would have been as successful without the fastest vehicle & team to support him? Also with that mindset a F1 driver (or any sportsperson who is part of a team, Beckham, Regrave ect ect ect)will never be awarded a knighthood, OBE ect because they couldn't achieve success in an inferior team, frankly mate incredible.
It's because you dont like him is seems to cloud the fact that he is a brilliant sportsman, dominant in his field and the most successful driver the sport has seen. Dont get me wrong I have been a bigger fan of other drivers......Mansell, Button, Hunt but Hamilton has been more successful than all of them and deserves the plaudits. The lad from a Stevanage estate, who Dad funded his talent through the racing fraternity to achieve the success he has today would make a good film. He hasn't bought his success, he has well and truly earned it.

All old ground but, money = success in general. Hamilton is quite good but the money that has backed him has made him appear invincible, and he is an arse.

Au contraire, I have been watching F1 since about 1965 and remember all the past greats and imo Hamilton is the best of the lot :shrug:

Your comments about Sir Stirling Moss show you up as a know nothing :smile: this was a man who could drive ANY car in any race and be competitive. You should do a little research. If we are talking about the best ever British racer, he wins imo. but we are talking F1 and Hamilton is the daddy, end of.

I am not suggesting any F1 driver is anything but a self centred egomaniac but this is not about who you’d want as your best friend is it? Being an arse is almost a given with F1 drivers and Jackie Stewart is right up there as well as being the most boring ex driver I can think of :shrug:

Stewart makes a post match Sami Hyypia interview sound thrilling in comparison.

Oh mate, I do not need to do any research on Moss.

Ask anybody who has worked under Stewart and they will say the guy is a gentleman, are you anti jock???

Now ask anyone who worked under Moss and they will say he is an arse. He must be the most overrated driver in British racing, one thing I will say for Hamilton, Moss and Stewart is they all had a passion for their sport.

I hope we can agree on that.

Ps you don't have to be an arse to be great. Arses don't deserve knighthoods IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All old ground but, money = success in general. Hamilton is quite good but the money that has backed him has made him appear invincible, and he is an arse.

Ask anybody who has worked under Stewart and they will say the guy is a gentleman, are you anti jock???

Now ask anyone who worked under Moss and they will say he is an arse. He must be the most overrated driver in British racing, one thing I will say for Hamilton, Moss and Stewart is they all had a passion for their sport.

Ps you don't have to be an arse to be great. Arses don't deserve knighthoods IMO.

I thought I told you to do some research, you haven’t done it have you? :lolol:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/mot...ne-ferrari-tribute/1m6e0d8zh4tgq1tl43aao6uof5

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
From the latest Popbitch mailout:

"Commentators still can't quite work out what stance to take on Lewis Hamilton. A working class boy, but with a tax exile's lifestyle in Switzerland and Monaco. A climate change social media warrior, but backed by a huge oil and gas company. A human rights advocate who's been pretty coy about the F1's expansion into Saudi Arabia.

Some of the people who work with him have a slightly more clear-cut opinion though. His habit of making them travel coach while he goes everywhere first class has resulted in them calling him 'Joffrey'."

Case closed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I’m defining it as paying what is morally right. Of course there are loop holes to help the wealthy. That’s why we left the EU to avoid them closing up. Morally repugnant

Hamilton lives overseas for most of the year, so is legitimately not UK resident for tax.

Despite that, he does pay full UK income tax on his UK earnings, making him one of the UK’s highest tax papers.

On top of that he donates generously to charity.

No crimes committed, no evasion. He’s an overseas resident, why should an overseas resident pay UK taxes on their non-UK income?

Roger Moore, Connery, Button, Caine, Emin, Coulthard, Mansell, Faldo, Poulter were/are all honoured Brits living in tax havens, but I cannot remember one NSC thread or post finding them morally repugnant.

What sets Hamilton apart when it comes to his choice of residence and tax arrangements, when it comes to the Daily Mail and NSC courts of opinion? What is the unique part to him warranting this unprecedented and irrational ire?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you're making up all this shiz, mouldy; not for the first time

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought I told you to do some research, you haven’t done it have you? :lolol:

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/mot...ne-ferrari-tribute/1m6e0d8zh4tgq1tl43aao6uof5

Like I said Stewart is a gentleman.:bowdown:

Stewart has quite often said Fangio was his hero.

Jackie still being a gentleman but telling it as it is, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...alling-Lewis-Hamilton-greatest-F1-driver.html

you're making up all this shiz, mouldy; not for the first time

And it's all for you Roger.:kiss:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From the latest Popbitch mailout:

"Commentators still can't quite work out what stance to take on Lewis Hamilton. A working class boy, but with a tax exile's lifestyle in Switzerland and Monaco. A climate change social media warrior, but backed by a huge oil and gas company. A human rights advocate who's been pretty coy about the F1's expansion into Saudi Arabia.

Some of the people who work with him have a slightly more clear-cut opinion though. His habit of making them travel coach while he goes everywhere first class has resulted in them calling him 'Joffrey'."

Case closed.

Hamilton is a global sportsman, he works around the world, infrequently in the Uk. He can chose where he lives, and he choses Colorado as his main home and Monaco as he european base. There are lots of expats on here, i and I’m sure you think no less of them.

You make the point about contradictions and i think thats fair. But we are all full of contradictions. We have Mould on this site who lauds Mansell and Button as better examples than Hamilton, but both of whom lived outside the Uk and who, well, avoided UK tax in doing so (Isle of Man and Monaco). And now Jackie Stewart is the ethical compass? He had a multi million pound contract with RBS when it went under in the financial crisis and became owned by you and me. Challenged by the media he refused to rescind the contract, capitulating for one year after massive pressure oh, and he was a tax exile in Switzerland. You can view all of this as unseemly or as part of a modern global sport, but why single out Hamilton?

On the plane thing, really? He ‘makes’ people who “he works with” travel coach whilst he goes first class. If he works with them its the individuals call, or Mercs call, on how they travel. If they work for Hamilton, ie on his payroll, then he choses. :shrug: My company send me coach class and i see our CEO in first. Haven't thought twice about it. I did get once to travel on a private plane with the chairman, fun but nothing more. I’d say people are gullible if they let that rubbish sway their opinion

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here