Should Gibraltar be admitted to UEFA and FIFA?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Gibraltar be admitted to UEFA and FIFA?

• Yes, meaning the Isle of Man and various Channel Islands would follow.

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No, they are not a sovereign nation (but nor are Hong Kong, who still participate).

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'm Pro Gibraltar! The Giblets have the Fifth oldest F.A in the world. f*** spain. f*** em to hell. Spain oppose the Giblets being a team because the Victoria Stadium is 'built on land thats ours!'. Spain don't deserve to be in Fifa cos they are racist scummy *****. The grounds required to be a team in Fifa or Uefa (one of the two) is that your a recognised member of the UN. Hong Kong? England Scotland and Wales allways vote for the Gibrlatian international side to be allowed in. And @the island thing earlier on, Gibraltar are the only team to have a land border that compeats in the Island Games. :D

I like Gibraltar my accountant lives there, mind you I have to change my pants after landing at Gib airport.

When Spain gives that Island back to Morroco they can argue there case for the Rock till then they should shut the f*** up.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Stupid idea. It's part of the UK. But long may HK compete as a separate nation. It should be a fully independent and autonomous country.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its these countries getting into The Eurovision song contest that concerns me the most. Jesus we are never going to win it again.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tut, tut.

Gibraltarian, and proud of it.

Very odd place.

I was in Spain a few years ago and decided at some extra cost I seem to recall to come back via there because I was intrigued.

It also cooincided with an England international and it very strange to see so many very Spanish looking people walking around in England shirts, especially after spending a couple of weeks in a bit of Spain where you don't get many British tourists.

You are in Spain, you hadn't seen any English holiday makers walking around in football shirts, then you cross over to Gilbaltar and you do, but they aren't English or Spanish either...

But so be it. They live there and it up to them how they want to be identified.

I was a bit disappointed with the place to be honest. Not sure what I was expecting, but it remembles another identikit England town centre with many of the chains. The same rubbish bins you get everywhere in England was something that stuck in my mind.

Not in a naff "Del Boys Costa Cafe" sort of way, it just felt liked I returned to Gatwick a day early.

When asked what Gilbraltar is like, I usually say Swindon.

If you really don't like going abroad, but like the sun it's the perfect place I guess.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
... who share with Gibraltar the fact that are not sovereign nations.
England? not a sovereign nation? yes it is... it rules over its land without being a dependancie of another nation.

HK doesn't have the fifth oldest FA. And i was told that the UK is made up of Scotland, NI, Wales, England and Her Crown Dependancies (Aussie land, gibrlatar ect.) because gibrlatar recognised the queen as head of state. Spain are jst bitter after the Treaty gave england the Rock.

sorry about my poor spelling. i had a three hour history exam today, so spelling insnt my priority! :D

Very odd place.

I was in Spain a few years ago and decided at some extra cost I seem to recall to come back via there because I was intrigued.

It also cooincided with an England international and it very strange to see so many very Spanish looking people walking around in England shirts, especially after spending a couple of weeks in a bit of Spain where you don't get many British tourists.

You are in Spain, you hadn't seen any English holiday makers walking around in football shirts, then you cross over to Gilbaltar and you do, but they aren't English or Spanish either...

I was a bit disappointed with the place to be honest. Not sure what I was expecting, but it remembles another identikit England town centre with many of the chains. The same rubbish bins you get everywhere in England was something that stuck in my mind.

Not in a naff "Del Boys Costa Cafe" sort of way, it just felt liked I returned to Gatwick a day early.

If you really don't like going abroad, but like the sun it's the perfect place I guess.

Nothing like Swindon and you know it.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
England? not a sovereign nation? yes it is... it rules over its land without being a dependancie of another nation.

HK doesn't have the fifth oldest FA. And i was told that the UK is made up of Scotland, NI, Wales, England and Her Crown Dependancies (Aussie land, gibrlatar ect.) because gibrlatar recognised the queen as head of state. Spain are jst bitter after the Treaty gave england the Rock.

sorry about my poor spelling. i had a three hour history exam today, so spelling insnt my priority! :D

Well, I hope you've failed then, you obviously don't understand what a 'sovereign nation' is. I think you might be confusing
'England' and Great Britain, our Celtic cousins might be a bit pissed with you at the moment!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nothing like Swindon and you know it.

Not sure what you mean by that.

I suspect this is something that happened to Gilbraltar relatively recently.

I was hoping to find somewhere with a bit of a unique identity especially with it's history.

But I didn't.

It just resembled many of the towns in this country which has lost their own identity due to their high streets looking completely identical. Looks like we've exported the banality.

I thought that was a shame. Bit like Disney does Swindon.

Not sure what you mean by that.

I suspect this is something that happened to Gilbraltar relatively recently.

I was hoping to find somewhere with a bit of a unique identity especially with it's history.

But I didn't.

It just resembled many of the towns in this country which has lost their own identity due to their high streets looking completely identical.

I thought that was a shame. Bit like Disney does Swindon.

To British for you then, should be softy Liberal does Gibraltar.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Very odd place.

I too found it a weird place.

We were on holiday, staying in Jerez and decided to drive down there, mainly for curiosity's sake.

Getting there, there was a massive queue of cars waiting to get in - a good couple of hours' wait. So we parked up in a nearby car park in Linea de la Concepcion and walked across. For a start we had to wait, not for customs, but for an aircraft to take off from the runway you have to walk across to get there.

Gibraltar was odd. You certainly got the feeling of it being a high-importance militarily strategic place. The Brits have insisted on keeping Gibraltar mainly to keep a presence at the mouth of the Med.

The town is something out of what you'd imagine an American would do if he had to build a toytown modelled on what he perceived England to be, with the result being it's nothing like anywhere. Not even Swindon.

Up on top of the rock, you can forget you're on British soil. The view is stunning, the apes are hilarious and sneaky. You really get a sense of history. Shame you couldn't say that about the town, though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To British for you then, should be softy Liberal does Gibraltar.

Well, I'd read it again then.

I'm very proud to be English and love the unique identity of this country.

If you think Gilbraltar represents that, then I'm afraid my friend I'm a greater patriot than you are.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I too found it a weird place.

We were on holiday, staying in Jerez and decided to drive down there, mainly for curiosity's sake.

Getting there, there was a massive queue of cars waiting to get in - a good couple of hours' wait. So we parked up in a nearby car park in Linea de la Concepcion and walked across. For a start we had to wait, not for customs, but for an aircraft to take off from the runway you have to walk across to get there.

Gibraltar was odd. You certainly got the feeling of it being a high-importance militarily strategic place. The Brits have insisted on keeping Gibraltar mainly to keep a presence at the mouth of the Med.

The town is something out of what you'd imagine an American would do if he had to build a toytown modelled on what he perceived England to be, with the result being it's nothing like anywhere. Not even Swindon.

Up on top of the rock, you can forget you're on British soil. The view is stunning, the apes are hilarious and sneaky. You really get a sense of history. Shame you couldn't say that about the town, though.

Spot on there.

It's a just a shame that some on here are blind as to what represents a good old fashioned English high street, which is what I expected in Gilbraltar.

They are obviously quite happy for the multinationals to come in take away the unique identity of the English high street. Blink and it's gone.

To it's benefit there were the some very good Asian corner shops, where I bought some very good but very cheap Bombay Gin.

Good to see some of our emigrants are keeping our traditions alive.

Last edited:

So does West Sussex County Council but that doesn't make it a sovereign nation!

England is actually the only part of the UK that is administered directly by the parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports