Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Forster and Murray start tonight?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Or do you keep the 4-5-1 system which nearly brought us a victory?

To be honest apart from the penalty we never looked liked scoring at Leeds but certainly looked hard to break down.
I would go with two up front from the start.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Murray seemed to play well up top on his own so why change it

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
4-5-1 to start off with. If we go behind, then bring Forster on. If not wait until around 60 mins and then bring him on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The only thing that concerns me is Murray and his fitness.He ran his socks off at Leeds on his own and to expect him to do it again a couple of days later is a big ask.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Brezvan

Inigo
Elphick
Bomber
Painter

Bennett
Dicker
Navarro
Crofts
Lua Lua

Murray

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The only thing that concerns me is Murray and his fitness.He ran his socks off at Leeds on his own and to expect him to do it again a couple of days later is a big ask.

I think for that reason we will see subs around 60-70mins in the striking area, regardless of scoreline at the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see no reason to change the formation. If we go behind then perhaps to chase the game but until then stick with 4 - 5- 1. At least if we keep a clean sheet we get a point.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why do people think that starting with a 4-5-1 is a good idea if they then say we should change to 4-4-2 if we go a goal behind to get us back into the game.

If 4-4-2 is better for us to score then why not start with that formation?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..............Brvzvzvn............

Painter, El ABd, Elphick, Caldo.

.......Dicker, Navarro, Crofts....
Bennett......................LuaLua
................Murray.................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do people think that starting with a 4-5-1 is a good idea if they then say we should change to 4-4-2 if we go a goal behind to get us back into the game.

If 4-4-2 is better for us to score then why not start with that formation?

Because a 4-5-1 formation is tighter and less chance of us conceeding a goal which means we get a draw.

If we do go behind we then have to come out more and attack to get one back and invariably Gus brings on at least one more forward if we are losing usually replacing a defender.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The 4-5-1 did really well 2nd half Saturday. I think we should play the same and if Murray tires replace him with Forster who is quite capable of playing lone striker role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here