Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Dunk start against Crystal Palace if he is fit?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is there a chance he might be fit then?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Of course he should.

dunk.jpg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If he is fit - yes. Absolutely.

Probably more than any other player he understands the palace rivalry and just loves winding up Dougie and his black cladded pals.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If he's genuinely fit, then he plays.

If he's 90% no point in rushing him back with another game a few days later

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is an amazing situation that we are even thinking this... and is why Graham Potter is paid the big bucks!

There is no doubt that we have played well without him and results have been good. Always a very brave decision to change a successful team.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He won't start I wouldn't have thought, I was looking at the squad for the West Brom game with interest, as I thought if he was in there and got some minutes he'd probably have a good chance of featuring in the starting 11. Given he didn't, can't see him being risked from the start, but would be handy to have him on the bench.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
who would he replace? if Webster is not fit then we might have to consider him if he is fitter but a few ifs in there

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is an amazing situation that we are even thinking this... and is why Graham Potter is paid the big bucks!

There is no doubt that we have played well without him and results have been good. Always a very brave decision to change a successful team.

But he's been happy to make changes to that team, including the personnel and shape of the back line, during successful runs. That will not bother him one bit.

If Lewis Dunk is (genuinely) fit, then absolutely he should play.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given our record for understating the length of time a player is going to be out for, fully expect Dunk to be back for Leeds away, so no chance for Friday.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
He's Club Captain .. if he is 100% fit, he starts I think. The fact that we've done well without him is a huge testament to BDB (in particular) and Webster/Duffy/Veltman, but all of us would have preferred to go into any of the games recently with him in the side. What's great to know is that we are not as dependant on him as many of us may have thought, so there is no need to risk him too early and as a consequence we need not get into a tizzy about it if he's not available. Interesting for me will be the selection of 3 centre-backs or 2 in the starting line up. I would feel more comfortable with Duffy up against Benteke, but without Bissouma, the legs of Webster and/or Veltman alongside BDB might be better.. probably a different thread for that debate though!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’m not expecting him to play, he can’t be 100% match fit. Usually players come off the bench when they’ve been out for a while.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he's genuinely fit, then he plays.

If he's 90% no point in rushing him back with another game a few days later

I'd defiknately start him in one of the two games, be it Palace or Chelsea, bench him for the other one. Games beginning to come thick and fast now, so good to have him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here