Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shorehamstock [Worthing Weekender]

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can anyone tell me where the entrance gates are. I need to drop off my daughter and friends and arrange a pickup tonight.
I was thinking of dropping and picking up from the Red Lion by the old toll bridge. Can they get access by going over the footbridge?
Cheers.
Was told that wooden footbridge was the main entrance, so probably best place to drop off
Picking up after gig would imagine be very busy traffic wise so may be better to arrange a meeting place a bit further along the old Shoreham road

Last edited:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Was told that wooden footbridge was the main entrance, so probably best place to drop off
Picking up after gig would image be very busy traffic wise so may be better to arrange a meeting place a bit further along the old Shoreham road

Thanks

Spookily just watching the pilot of the Sopranos.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sort of calm before the storm here, walked down the river to town earlier and the site looks very impressive, allegedly if this works they want to expand the event to around 70,000 annually.

Loads of out of owners in town and official program sellers at £7 a pop.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lots of bindi action going on. Festi season is here

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Adur Recreation Ground on the A259 is signposted as the official set down and pick up point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Soul11Soul currently playing, pretty good set so far as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hope the Police have the sniffer dogs out for the next two days, the last thing we need here in Sussex is beatniks and hippie acid heads peddling drugs and throwing themselves in the river.

Yeah I'm gonna get ma gun and bag myself a hippie.

I'm really hoping that's some sort of parody.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I was expecting the traffic to be a nightmare. No problem at all. Can hear it on shoreham beach. A lot of people watching for nothing at the red lion/ Amsterdam roundabout. Can see the stage and hear it ,so rude not too. Tout doing business also.
Shoreham the place to be.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was expecting the traffic to be a nightmare. No problem at all. Can hear it on shoreham beach. A lot of people watching for nothing at the red lion/ Amsterdam roundabout. Can see the stage and hear it ,so rude not too. Tout doing business also.
Shoreham the place to be.

Loud and clear just off Downsway in North Shoreham, I also got the impression a lot of people might come to this event and just watch from outside

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Loud and clear just off Downsway in North Shoreham, I also got the impression a lot of people might come to this event and just watch from outside

Not at Lancing College where ALL boarders were sent home for the weekend as event deemed too risky and hard to manage. 400 parents having to make surprise rearrangements & a high profile impact that may influence a rerun

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Doesn't bother us as we've embraced the day at the posh end of Shoreham, not interested in going as not into many of the acts performing
So instead got merry in pubs around town today and loved the atmos, sat on the riverbank and watched the screen and heard the crowds screaming then returned to back garden for a few more drinks and hear soul 2 soul belting out BACK TO LIFE
but I do fear there will be some angry local residents voicing their opinions on the noise, much louder than I expected, but hey ho I'm no NIMBY if it's on again next year i might go but please put some proper bands on and not just a load of Kevin & Perry DJ'S

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Doesn't bother us as we've embraced the day at the posh end of Shoreham, not interested in going as not into many of the acts performing
So instead got merry in pubs around town today and loved the atmos, sat on the riverbank and watched the screen and heard the crowds screaming then returned to back garden for a few more drinks and hear soul 2 soul belting out BACK TO LIFE
but I do fear there will be some angry local residents voicing their opinions on the noise, much louder than I expected, but hey ho I'm no NIMBY if it's on again next year i might go but please put some proper bands on and not just a load of Kevin & Perry DJ'S

Great to hear someone actually enjoying themselves (even though they are not at the gig) and embracing the atmosphere and not being a miserable scrote if others are enjoying themselves.
Too many have a downer on many great things and events.......love a moan, Morris dancing a prime example.
Good for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great to hear someone actually enjoying themselves (even though they are not at the gig) and embracing the atmosphere and not being a miserable scrote if others are enjoying themselves.
Too many have a downer on many great things and events.......love a moan, Morris dancing a prime example.
Good for you.

I live in Shoreham and fully back this and hope it goes well, great for the area and we are listening to it also just fed our neighbours dog as they are at the event.

I suspect there will be loads of complaints about the noise levels though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not really my sort of music at all. Still like to see these sort of events succeed though. Hope everyone who went is having a good time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here