Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Is it a Darby and Joan concert?

woosh.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1am is quite early for a festival. Creamfields doesn't wind-down until 4am (I think), even Reading Festival has silent discos and movie screenings until 3am.

Whilst it's not going to be the likes of The Rolling Stones etc, I reckon they'll be some decent acts there. The last festival started by this company was Parklife Manchester, which in its first year had The Flaming Lips, De La Soul and a host of big names in Dance/Electric music (Nero, Pendulum, Sub Focus, Annie Mac). They also had some HUGE names in "Urban" music this year including Snoop Dogg. I fully expect this festival to be much better than Shakedown.

If I had to take a guess at the headliners for the two days then I'd probably plump for somebody around the size of Royal Blood/Chase and Status/Kendrick Lamar. Obviously depending on what type of music they go for.

I was rather hoping for something like Glenn Tilbrook or Chas & Dave :cry:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How the heck they are going to get 35,000 REVELLERS (slips smoothly into tabloidspeak) to and from Shoreham Airport two days running over that weekend I have not got a scooby. But I will watch with interest from afar.

park and ride from mill road

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news for SBS, will have look at the line-up then listen from the back garden

Magic City

Mar 29, 2014
Slightly odd to prospectively hold it in early June, which is hardly the height of the Festival season! Maybe they are looking for an older demographic, like Meadowlands in Lewes did before closing, as at that time a lot of youngsters will be in the middle of their exams.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Should be fun! Plus it's in LANCING not Shoreham, or Worthing. Shoreham starts from the river.

And it's Brighton City Airport so you can't use that "It's called Shoreham Airport" argument.

Who'd have thought 10 years ago that Lancing would be home to one of the most advanced sports training facilities in the UK as well as the Premier Summer Festival on the South Coast! :thumbup:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I'm sure the diddycoys from Withy Patch are going to love it also!!

Oct 25, 2003
great news and walking distance for me so i can enjoy the music and still be tucked up in bed with a hot chocolate at a reasonable hour

#oldgit

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
My guess would be that it'll be linked to Parklife in Manchester, which is being held on the same weekend. Basically the same business model as V (also run by SGM).

No line up for Parklife yet but previous years look pretty good - albeit on the young side for the (non electro) NSC demographic!

It's being held at Heaton Park this year and, via some basic maths, the capacity seems to be about 75,000 for a massive show (Oasis/Stone Roses) which is the exact capacity they apparently want to expand to if this year goes well. I imagine that is the maximum though, as The Courteeners seem to also be playing there with a capacity of 20k and obviously a festival would be less because there would be more 'stuff' about e.g. other stages and festival gizmos.

EDITED TO ADD - I live REALLY near where it's going to be and think it's a brilliant idea, especially as I can sleep in my bed etc. Massive credit to the council for thinking creatively and allowing it

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Should be fun! Plus it's in LANCING not Shoreham, or Worthing. Shoreham starts from the river.

And it's Brighton City Airport so you can't use that "It's called Shoreham Airport" argument.

Who'd have thought 10 years ago that Lancing would be home to one of the most advanced sports training facilities in the UK as well as the Premier Summer Festival on the South Coast! :thumbup:

And a brilliant new brewery - Naked Beer. When I grew up there we had glue sniffing and the Merry Monk.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bet the people who run that shower of shite shakedown are going to be pissed off.

Hope they do get some good acts and its reasonably priced, does seem to be an odd time to do a festival like this, Glastonbury and Beastival are outside the school holidays and generally have a more mature crowd, thus less pricks causing trouble, however I guess this being a weekend festival shouldnt impact their target audiance.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant, chaos on the top and bottom roads, and piles of crap everywhere after they go.

Yeah but a weekend of drinking, drugs, great music and just having a good time.

You are an old fuddy duddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports