Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If you wish to get away from the dreadful news for a while with a glass of red you could do worse than listen to my favourite live double album Supertramp : Paris from 1979. Recorded in front of ten thousand Roger Hodgson at one point references their previous visit where they played to just 11 or 12, 'at the Bataclan, don't suppose anyone remembers it?'....

I went to the Bataclan four years ago to see New Order. It was a great venue and a fantastic gig. Seeing them again tomorrow at Brixton Academy. The band released a statement saying how shocked and horrifed they were - especially as they had played Paris again just two weeks ago. I know there's this thing about just carrying on as normal, enjoying life and not paying any attention to these *******s, but I can't help feeling the gig will feel very flat and the audience will be jumpy and paranoid. Perhaps best if they postpone it?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I went to the Bataclan four years ago to see New Order. It was a great venue and a fantastic gig. Seeing them again tomorrow at Brixton Academy. The band released a statement saying how shocked and horrifed they were - especially as they had played Paris again just two weeks ago. I know there's this thing about just carrying on as normal, enjoying life and not paying any attention to these *******s, but I can't help feeling the gig will feel very flat and the audience will be jumpy and paranoid. Perhaps best if they postpone it?

Carry on, dont let them win

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
France already going on the offensive.

They've just bombed the shit out of Raqqa

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
That sounds as if you're saying it's only a minute percentage of the population of Paris, so that's alright then. I know there are some complete fkucwits on here, but please tell me that is really not what you mean to be saying.

You need to follow the exchange.........if people want to react to these events like some Pavlovian dog pointing out how statistically it's only a fraction of Muslims that are violent, then they should have the balls to follow their logic through........It is equally a fact that only a fraction of Parisians are dead.

This kind of sentiment does not mean shit..........it won't stop another episode like Paris happening again, and that is what is important.

The facts are that as a consequence of this incident we (in continental Europe and the U.K.) will all have our lives affected........whether that is more intrusion by the state or more security checks travelling or at football grounds etc.

These changes will be for everyone and just because (say) 0.001% of Muslims are violent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You think that is right wing? Bl00dy Norah!

You're not paying attention. The article is by the well known right wing journalist Peter Hitchins in the well known Tory paper the Sunday version of the Daily Mail. I agree with every word. Do you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You think that is right wing? Bl00dy Norah!

And while you're at it at which point did I say it was right wing? I said it was by a right wing writer in a right wing paper and that's factually accurate, I said I agreed with it. That's factually accurate.

Now I've said that would you care to factually and accurately debunk any of it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The planes hit a jihadi recruitment centre, training camp and arms depot run by the group, according to the French defence ministry.

Makes you wonder why these places weren't targeted before if they knew of them.

But how do you know that they weren't? A training camp could be huge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The planes hit a jihadi recruitment centre, training camp and arms depot run by the group, according to the French defence ministry.

Makes you wonder why these places weren't targeted before if they knew of them.

Wonder if collateral damage was a previous issue, but now France don't care.

Pure speculation of course

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're not paying attention. The article is by the well known right wing journalist Peter Hitchins in the well known Tory paper the Sunday version of the Daily Mail. I agree with every word. Do you?

Oh, paying attention I am! "It's not in the Guardian. It's not on the BBC site. It's in the Sunday Mail by one of the most right wing writers extant" strongly suggests an introduction to a right wing piece of writing (which clearly it is not; I think we can both agree on that). Do I agree with every word of it? No, I don't. Not going to go into it sentence by sentence, but I , for instance, think the "killing of this deranged, pathetic young man" is a positive step in the right direction!
No longer will he revel in slaughtering helpless innocent people in the most horrific, barbaric and painful way in front of a camcorder. Good riddance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports