Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Even less is Corbyn has his way. I think sadly there is a long way to go with this within Europe

Corbyn is all about rolling back internationally, falklands, NI, remove nuclear weapons etc. he has an opinion which is fine, he sholld be heard. Thankfyully he isnt in power and is never likely to be. His style is all about fringe politics, which he seems ok at

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Corbyn is all about rolling back internationally, falklands, NI, remove nuclear weapons etc. he has an opinion which is fine, he sholld be heard. Thankfyully he isnt in power and is never likely to be. His style is all about fringe politics, which he seems ok at

Interesting to see how he responds to a potential request to fulfil our NATO treaty obligations. He doesn't really believe in NATO and as you say has a non interventionist mindset including no military involvement in Syria.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
btw, if you're setting yourself up as the arbiter of opinions on terrorism on this thread that are, frankly, skewed and irrelevant, you've got your work cut out!

It's a bit rich coming from the keyboard of one of NSC's most biased as well.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
NATO have Turkish troops going in I believe, they are the 2nd largest army in NATO so there'll be plenty of troops. There won't be a shortage of armies wanting to get stuck into this one.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Drone strikes whilst far from ideal seem to have proved effective in this case. How many soldiers lives could have been taken in a firefight with no guarantee of successfully taking him alive

I asked the question elsewhere in this thread, without response, what good do expect to come from killing Jihadi John, or randomly bombing Syria? There are thousands to replace him, killing him does make a martyr of him, whatever others may claim, and radicalises many more.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I asked the question elsewhere in this thread, without response, what good do expect to come from killing Jihadi John, or randomly bombing Syria? There are thousands to replace him, killing him does make a martyr of him, whatever others may claim, and radicalises many more.

Yes, we xcould leave JJ out there doing what he does, thats an approach

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am completely rational and am happy to fill the role

You do seem to be one of the more balanced posters on here. I'll give you a 2 week trial; let's see how you get on.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, we xcould leave JJ out there doing what he does, thats an approach

But that's, referring to your post further up, completely irrational if it has no demonstrable positive impact on the situation - There are thousands of JJs, killing one creates more, until we understand the mindset of these people, how can we hope to defeat them? It's pretty ****ing obvious that the current approach is not working.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
But that's, referring to your post further up, completely irrational if it has no demonstrable positive impact on the situation - There are thousands of JJs, killing one creates more, until we understand the mindset of these people, how can we hope to defeat them? It's pretty ****ing obvious that the current approach is not working.

Agree current approach is having limited effect and we need to try various different approaches. No one approach will solve this. That said, i still fully support the action against JJ, it doesnt stop other approaches.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Agree current approach is having limited effect and we need to try various different approaches. No one approach will solve this. That said, i still fully support the action against JJ, it doesnt stop other approaches.

I don't but I get it, and understand why people do support the approach....

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

So how do we understand them? And what approach should we adopt? I would have thought that what they stand for is well understood.

Flex Your Head

This is worth a read, worth a minute of your time in my opinion, it also is close to my view on things but hopefully coming from someone with more knowledge than me.

"A German's View on Islam - worth reading because this is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist... blah blah blah... Anyone who doubts the seriousness of this issue and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand.

Do you ever check any of the crap that gets sent to you by your right wing mates? Do you believe every single dubious 'chain letter' email you receive? If so, please let me have £20k because I'm due to receive £10m but need to use your bank account because mine's broken.

Emanuel Tanay had nothing to do with your article. Indeed he has expressed strong disagreement with both the content and tone of the writing.

The article was written by Canadian Paul E. Marek, an Islamophobic blogger, and was first published on his blog nearly 10 years ago. It's been reproduced in a few other places such as right-wing Israeli newspaper Arutz Sheva, Israel National News where it appeared as just another article designed to appeal to an audience with hatred, bigotry and xenophobia carried proudly as part of their very soul. A paper which makes the Mail seem positively liberal and balanced.
I see it's still doing the rounds as an email for followers of UKIP, EDL and Britain First.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't think killing as many home grown Jihadists as possible is likely to encourage more to leave our shores to experience the joys of being vaporised by a hellfire missile. If anything it may deter those who still have some sense of self preservation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anders whatever his name was killed 77.

And the Crusaders, really? Nearly a thousand years ago. I am trying to have an honest discussion, not shift to other topics that have very little relevance, or maybe we should look to pay damages to Saladin?

No, you are arguing draconian action against a whole religion and I am suggesting that we have no right to be holier than thou.

But do carry on with your arguments..they are very entertaining...dangerous and knee jerk, but none the less entertaining.

Btw. Are you saying because there we're a few islamic murderers, this is better for your argument that one Christian killing 77?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do you ever check any of the crap that gets sent to you by your right wing mates? Do you believe every single dubious 'chain letter' email you receive? If so, please let me have £20k because I'm due to receive £10m but need to use your bank account because mine's broken.

Emanuel Tanay had nothing to do with your article. Indeed he has expressed strong disagreement with both the content and tone of the writing.

The article was written by Canadian Paul E. Marek, an Islamophobic blogger, and was first published on his blog nearly 10 years ago. It's been reproduced in a few other places such as right-wing Israeli newspaper Arutz Sheva, Israel National News where it appeared as just another article designed to appeal to an audience with hatred, bigotry and xenophobia carried proudly as part of their very soul. A paper which makes the Mail seem positively liberal and balanced.
I see it's still doing the rounds as an email for followers of UKIP, EDL and Britain First.

"it also is close to my view on things"..... ok. Oh and for your information i post what i want, same as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports