Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Still strapped into his suicide vest? I imagine that last night atrocity was always planned as a one way trip to Heaven, and 72 virgins. I just don't understand the need to carry his passport

i heard someone explain this once as plenty of terrorists carry I.D.

It is required in the faith that the body be buried asap after death to get your virgins,enter paradise etc etc etc.,embalming of body parts is forbidden under shariah.

if you have died in a shoot out or blown yourself up if you carry some ID you just give the authorities a head start and save time.

seems a bit daft when you see images of dead ISIS fighters in Syria being kicked about,heads used to play football and bodies left to rot and left for the birds.......no funeral for those chaps

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you seem to be advocating state sponsored assasination based on suspicion. killing dozens of people for mere talk and bravado in most cases. are you sure? im not sure those you want to carry this out signed up for that either, not in our green fields at least. im becoming disappointed by views like this, especially by those not usually hard right/racists. its seems they the terrorists and jihadis are winning the propaganda war, if we suspend process of law we've lost.

Not often we agree but on this we do

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that's where we need to start in the UK. Get the messages in the mosques that Choudry and his ilk are poisonous snakes, that the rest of us have no problems with their faith but that they have to buy in to being British as well as Muslim. The ones who are in danger of being radicalised are by their very nature more likely to be spending their time in the mosques so yes, it really needs to start there.

There's a lot of responsibility on all of us including the Muslim elders in the mosques to sort this problem out but at the same time I'd also reinforce the message that the vast majority of us are not and do not want to be Muslim and it's pointless for these idiots even to think about such things. They need to assimilate. Hold onto their faith but embrace British values too.

Yup, this

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
An article I have just read, quite interesting,www.independent.co.uk
We must destroy Isis but not play into their hands – the wrong response would create countless new recruits

The worst response to a tragic and horrific attack like that on Paris last night would be one that strengthens Isis. When President Francois Hollande said we are at war with Isis today, he was right. But it is a war we can only win if we don’t get provoked into the response they want from us. The response they expect.

Parisians are sadly becoming all too used to this kind of violence. It was only in January this year when the attack on Charlie Hebdo left most of its staff dead or maimed. And now this, an attack so ferocious and brutal that Paris may take years to recover. Seven years ago, to this very month, gunmen also ran amok in Mumbai and unleashed terror that was to last four days and claim 164 lives. This is global war, and and it could be very well be a generational war.

Read more

As I watched the horror unfold on TV last night, I was asked: “why are they doing this?” - which seems like a naive question but is actually an excellent place to start from. If Isis were indeed behind this (they have now claimed responsibility) - why would they do this?

Isis are doing this to provoke us. They want us to attack them on their soil: in Iraq and Syria. They want to see western troops back in those lands because the chaos and backlash that would create would play directly into their hands. It would create countless new recruits for them.

Isis are also doing this to create division and exploit tension in our modern multi-racial societies. They want western Muslims to feel unwanted in their homes in Europe, and to instead join them in Syria. They want western Muslims to feel that they can only truly be at home at the Isis Caliphate.

And Isis want to see western countries become closed, authoritarian societies where we live in fear of them and their capabilities. They hate what we stand for and they want to provoke us into changing that.

Isis are doing this to provoke us. They want us to attack them on their soil: in Iraq and Syria

The temptation to react to Isis in the way they want will be strong in the aftermath of Paris. Francois Hollande says our response to Isis must be “merciless” - and I agree - but it must also be strategic so we don’t fall into their trap.

We must stand for our values: liberalism, secularism, openness, free speech and equality: those are the values we swear by and those are the values we must now strain every sinew to live by.

When Chancellor Angela Merkel said Germany would offer shelter to Syrian refugees earlier this year, Isis released a dozen videos in panic, encouraging Syrians to come back. But the damage was done. Syrians saw that Europe was more willing to offer them refuge and dignity than many Muslim states. That they were not heading to the Isis Caliphate was a slap in the face.

The attacks in Beirut and Paris is their response. They want us to brush away humanity and compassion with suspicion and division. By following that script we do exactly what Isis want us to do. The destruction of the Isis Caliphate must happen, but it must come from a Muslim-led force. After all, ordinary Muslims have been its biggest victims.

That isn’t to say we must do nothing. We have to challenge Islamism and its sympathisers in the west, and we have to stand for our values. There’s also no doubt we must win the war against Isis. But we cannot win it if we’re provoked into the response they want. We cannot win with a response that strengthens them rather than weakens

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If anyone can find them?

I doubt his shoes are even fit for purpose anymore

Could do a job.............

xnevs3.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
i heard someone explain this once as plenty of terrorists carry I.D.

It is required in the faith that the body be buried asap after death to get your virgins,enter paradise etc etc etc.,embalming of body parts is forbidden under shariah.

if you have died in a shoot out or blown yourself up if you carry some ID you just give the authorities a head start and save time.

seems a bit daft when you see images of dead ISIS fighters in Syria being kicked about,heads used to play football and bodies left to rot and left for the birds.......no funeral for those chaps

Thank you for that, I suppose it must make as much sense as anything else these nutcases do

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some questions for you.....

What is the first word of the national anthem?
How would you describe the design of the British and other home nations flags?
What are the national days of the home nations named after?
Before "first names" what did people say when asking for your first name?
When Churchill used to speak to the nation in the war whose help did he always invoke?
When the King was deposed by Cromwell, how would you describe his political outlook?

Your examples are based upon mere observation of tradition and ceremony, not the cultural semantics of the phrase.

Using the phrase 'God' in an anthem, or having my diary list the days of saints, is meaningless unless there is a more than a passive observation to this ritual. The phrase 'Christian Country' is at best latent if it refers to some sort of iconicalism- of which few really have active participation in, or even know, its proper narrative.

So, if we are a 'Christian Country' the most relevant question is: What is a Christian ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"Google". Yep, I've heard babies saying that.

'Night 'night, sleep tight.

Keep going you are really showing yourself as a plank which sadly is very tame as to what you really are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports