Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
They chose to shoot dead what they perceived to be a real and present terrorist threat to themselves and others, they were mistaken.

'OK ISIS, in you come, this way, just over here on the left to Number 10, don't want any of that mistaken identity malarky now do we'.
That was Vauxhall under ground I remember, he was suspected terrorist who ran from anti-terror police, jumped over turn style. Towards a packed under ground, what should they of done?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I understand what you are saying Dave, completely. But equally many others feel extremely uneasy about 128+ people being gunned down on a night out in Paris, or a drummer with a young daughter being decapitated in cold blood on a south London street.

22 SAS carry lots of kit but the one thing they rarely bother with is handcuffs. I don't envisage many of those receiving a visit getting as far as the duty solicitor. I know it is unpalatable but how long do we 'watch' them for before we take action? Our tolerance is perceived as weakness and if we don't act dozens of innocent British citizens and their families will pay the price. Once the hardcore have been neutralised the symapthisers will melt away.

you seem to be advocating state sponsored assasination based on suspicion. killing dozens of people for mere talk and bravado in most cases. are you sure? im not sure those you want to carry this out signed up for that either, not in our green fields at least. im becoming disappointed by views like this, especially by those not usually hard right/racists. its seems they the terrorists and jihadis are winning the propaganda war, if we suspend process of law we've lost.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
errrrrrrrrrr someone in the country illegally , they've got enough already, this is a christian country after all .

regards
DR

So every country with a known religion should not let anyone else in ?

You are quite bigoted at times to say the least

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
errrrrrrrrrr someone in the country illegally , they've got enough already, this is a christian country after all .

regards
DR

Actually this is a Pagan country. At least it was until the Christians did to it exactly what you are accusing the Muslims of! :rolleyes:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
you seem to be advocating state sponsored assasination based on suspicion. killing dozens of people for mere talk and bravado in most cases. are you sure? im not sure those you want to carry this out signed up for that either, not in our green fields at least. im becoming disappointed by views like this, especially by those not usually hard right/racists. its seems they the terrorists and jihadis are winning the propaganda war, if we suspend process of law we've lost.

I'll leave you to go and negotiate with the Jihadis then.

Good luck with that.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013

Don't think gunning down hundreds (apart from the dead there are loads of injured,some critically) can be called propaganda. People need to wake up - this is real and it's no going to be nice - you can't fight a nice war, something the pc brigade may find out to their cost.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
if we suspend process of law we've lost.

Firstly I've been too depressed about the goings on to even want to look at this thread much, and when I did this morning it depressed me more. RIP all those who died and I hope their families eventually find peace.

Secondly the quote above is spot on and really the crux of the matter. If we suspend the process of law, or move to police states or back to executions we're no better than the medieval backwardsness that caused this in the first place. 129 or so people dead needlessly is hard to take. No one should die on the dance floor or outside a football match or at a bar or pizzaria on a normal Friday night. However, the alternative is millions of people living in fear of the special forces or secret police.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Doesn't have to work like that. All we have to do is go and arrest everyone on the dangerous list, and anyone who starts a firefight during this process gets taken out in an act of self defense. Anyone who wants to come peacefully will be fine.

Then search all properties and confiscate their computers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn't have to work like that. All we have to do is go and arrest everyone on the dangerous list, and anyone who starts a firefight during this process gets taken out in an act of self defense. Anyone who wants to come peacefully will be fine.

Then search all properties and confiscate their computers.

OK so you have arrested them, searched their properties and confiscated their computers - then what ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
People need to wake up - this is real and it's no going to be nice - you can't fight a nice war, something the pc brigade may find out to their cost.

Absolutely.

When the SAS retook the Iranian Embassy their orders were simply to "Rescue all hostages." The terrorists (bar one) were all killed. Some were killed in firefights and others were simply killed. This wasn't to save on paperwork - it was to show terrorists around the world what they could expect if they brought terror to Britain. And it worked. No soft touch. No plane home, no bargaining or prisoner release deal.

We need a similar attitude if we are to bring a swift end to this current attack to our way of life. They are bringing the war to us and are seeing tolerance as weakness.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't think gunning down hundreds (apart from the dead there are loads of injured,some critically) can be called propaganda. People need to wake up - this is real and it's no going to be nice - you can't fight a nice war, something the pc brigade may find out to their cost.

Gosh ...thanks I would never have woken up without your advice

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This mess needs a coordinated response. You'd be a sitting duck if you isolated yourselves now. I don't think the UK would be stupid enough.

This is one of the most ill informed posts I have ever read on here. Utter nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports