Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Those Muslims, Christians, Jews and any other cloud inspired leaders who don't want to tolerate others should find their own island.

The Muslim extremists don't want to find their own island - they want this one - the island that our forbears died for, to protect our values and our way of life. So far as i am concerned they can fvck right off.

The Security Services know who they are and the politicians should have the balls to give the military the authority to cut this cancer out. Starting tonight.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Just playing devils advocate here, but wouldn't western air attacks cause the same fatalities each day maybe, in their so called Islamic state.

That maybe a reason for their wanting revenge on soft targets.

like the Birmingham pub bombings you mean?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think you underestimate the stupidity of some of our fellow citizens

What a load of bollocks.

There's no proof at all that Iceland, Norway or Switzerland are in critical danger of terrorist attacks because they don't share all the same laws or currency as the rest of Europe. In fact, France have by and large gone along with Merkel's co-ordinated EU policies on this so far and they've been the ones who have been hurt the worst. Unless you mean a co-ordinated military strategy which renders the EU irrelevant as it has no jurisdiction in these matters. Compliant EU membership is no guarantee of safety and it's a damned lie to claim otherwise.

I happen to hold a differing opinion to you, that's all. As does Dan Hannan and other seriously heavyweight intellects. None of us are stupid. I know that makes you feel better to say it but it's still not true.

You know what - that arrogant snidiness and all these ad hominems you have for those of us who want out of EU may well become your undoing.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think they can, I'm seeing some people tonight who are strict Orthodox Jews and they manage.

So long as people are willing to tolerate differences then there shouldn't be an issue.

Those Muslims, Christians, Jews and any other cloud inspired leaders who don't want to tolerate others should find their own island.

Laudable ideology is the concept of tolerance but is it achievable right now? Sadly I don't think so.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Muslim extremists don't want to find their own island - they want this one - the island that our forbears died for, to protect our values and our way of life. So far as i am concerned they can fvck right off.

The Security Services know who they are and the politicians should have the balls to give the military the authority to cut this cancer out. Starting tonight.

But what do you do...round up vast swathes of the population who support ISIS, or possibly who have sympathy with them, or object to our policies in the Middle East?

It is such a difficult thing to do. We already have many cases collapse in the courts as the evidence was not enough...that also drives these murderers to their actions!

I think we will all agree with your sentiments, I know I do, however we all also know that the practicalities are impossible to achieve.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think they can, I'm seeing some people tonight who are strict Orthodox Jews and they manage.

So long as people are willing to tolerate differences then there shouldn't be an issue.

Tolerance isn't a word I would associate with unreformed religious teaching and blaspheming against one of those religions carries the risk of a death sentence in the west.

Wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
But what do you do...round up vast swathes of the population who support ISIS, or possibly who have sympathy with them, or object to our policies in the Middle East?

It is such a difficult thing to do. We already have many cases collapse in the courts as the evidence was not enough...that also drives these murderers to their actions!

I think we will all agree with your sentiments, I know I do, however we all also know that the practicalities are impossible to achieve.

So the country is devoid of action. We talk, talk some more and then, well; politically pontificate! I don't know what the answer is but I am coming to the conclusion that the West of Europe and it's history and origins are being devoured.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Those who support ISIS or sympathise with them, or give their tacit approval to acts of terror are not the immediate problem. They may hold those views but they are not prepared to act upon them. However there is a hardcore of hate preachers and radicalised young men who are chattering away and plotting and scheming and many of them are known to the authorities.

Special Forces should be paying them a visit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What a load of bollocks.

There's no proof at all that Iceland, Norway or Switzerland are in critical danger of terrorist attacks because they don't share all the same laws or currency as the rest of Europe. In fact, France have by and large gone along with Merkel's co-ordinated EU policies on this so far and they've been the ones who have been hurt the worst. Unless you mean a co-ordinated military strategy which renders the EU irrelevant as it has no jurisdiction in these matters. Compliant EU membership is no guarantee of safety and it's a damned lie to claim otherwise.

I happen to hold a differing opinion to you, that's all. As does Dan Hannan and other seriously heavyweight intellects. None of us are stupid. I know that makes you feel better to say it but it's still not true.

You know what - that arrogant snidiness and all these ad hominems you have for those of us who want out of EU may well become your undoing.

Is it pmt or a bad hangover?

It was just a not very humerous aside, not a condemnation of all Euro sceptics, some of whom I have a great deal of respect for, even if I don't share their views on this particular subject.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
In your dreams CF, especially where the BBC are concerned.

Dreams or not, if the media, including the BBC see fit to publish/transmit explicit uncensored images of a dead child to strengthen the integrity of its reporting, then such an approach should be applied equally to all horrific events.

The precedent has been set, worrying about sensitivities on this story (and others) is now irrelevant and smacks of censorship, the BBC should be above such a practice.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dreams or not, if the media, including the BBC see fit to publish/transmit explicit uncensored images of a dead child to strengthen the integrity of its reporting, then such an approach should be applied equally to all horrific events.

The precedent has been set, worrying about sensitivities on this story (and others) is now irrelevant and smacks of censorship, the BBC should be above such a practice.

I think we are singing from the same sheet here, it really is getting blatant now.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
The Paris prosecutor says that 352 people were injured, with at least 99 still in critical condition. Seven terrorists have died following their actions.

Interesting press conference.

One aspect that was unsettling though was (in translation) his references to the suicide bombers as "kamikazes".

I cant think the Japanese will be happy with this reference, especially if Japanese citizens have been caught up in the tragedy.

He may have to go........

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is it pmt or a bad hangover?

It was just a not very humerous aside, not a condemnation of all Euro sceptics, some of whom I have a great deal of respect for, even if I don't share their views on this particular subject.

Backtracking? Much? Get to f*ck, I don't believe a single word of that response.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why on earth would he be carrying his passport? Surely, the longer they can conceal their identities after the event, the more time their co-conspirators would have to either, escape justice, or carry out further atrocities.
I really do think these people aren't criminal masterminds, just brainwashed inadequate specimens of a warped *******ised version of their religion

So they can get straight out of the country.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So they can get straight out of the country.

Still strapped into his suicide vest? I imagine that last night atrocity was always planned as a one way trip to Heaven, and 72 virgins. I just don't understand the need to carry his passport

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports