Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Train crash near Strasbourg killing 5 so far. What a weekend for France! RIP all.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you are going to throw around assumptions then try not to embellish and put in false assumptions. I do not believe that most posters who have a view that does not fit your criteria have ever used the words "curry munchers" "ragheads" and "chinkies", the Sikhs amongst others wear the turban, is there a problem with the Sikhs in the UK and Europe, any problem with the Chinese....NO, no terrorism or special demands, no appeasement needed for these two or MANY other religions and races that have/are not causing terrorist acts. We have a problem with SOME and getting bigger, from a certain religion, perhaps to you it should not be mentioned, i think it should.
After a post like this i wonder who are the "retarded" and "bigoted posters" you mention

China are responsible for just about every act of cyber terrorism which happens around the world. They are by far and away the biggest threat to international stability. It just doesn't suit them to confront the world militarily. Once again you are trying to show me as an Islamic sympathiser. I'm not. I think it's a hateful, primitive religion which will, one day, be its downfall.

The migrants trudging into Europe are an easy and poor target for our ire. They are doing what I or you would do if the UK decenced into a bitter relentless war waged by foreign terrorists and psychopathic dictators right outside their front doors.

ISIS are bringing the day nearer when, once again, western armies will have to settle their shit for them. THIS is the war that Tony blair should have fought in the first place. The French are going apeshit now. They have also got a determined and well organised anti Muslim opposition in Marine Le Pen. I can see them getting involved in some fairly unpleasant conflicts outside France as well as inside. The EU should decide right now what we need to do, collectively, to stamp out the mosques and Imams who spread their vile hate across the globe. Will that happen in the robust manner needed? Not a chance. I can see Germany having to face the prospect of a newly radical France and a British exit at the same time...for reasons very connected to each other. Country first, people second, religious needs waaaay down the list.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well done.
2hn6sm1.jpg

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
That at least is reassuring and I did actually think that what you say is indeed the case. As to your degree of complicity that of course would depend on what your actual support amounted to.

I can't help feeling that your last para is rather simplistic -if Al Q and their ilk are murdering others, then by this logic we just sit back and say we will not interfere in their business. So ISIS can rape and pillage their way through the Middle East and we should not get involved in their business? It really is not that simple.

My last paragraph referred to Al-Quaeda as my initial response (that has been questioned here) was referring to a point that was made about sympathy to the cause of the 7/7 attacks which clearly predate ISIS.

Things have obviously moved on now since the arrival of ISIS and from this we now have a new agenda to deal with, but please understand I am trying to add clarity to a point made by another poster about a previous event in a different time and climate.

I hope you understand now. :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think the word "sympathy" was misleading. It is possible to understand the motivation without agreeing with it.

There were millions of people, not just Muslims, who were against the "illegal" war in Iraq, and the actions of Blair and Bush made the "illegal" the events of 7/7 highly likely.

The word sympathy sounds like it covers the point but it is inaccurate because I understand the motivation, and I am not Muslim.

If you want to believe the supposed motivation of the terrorists go ahead. They seem to claim every cause as justification from Palestine to Iraq, Afghanistan, Infidel troops near Mecca, Blasphemy, establishing a Caliphate. I have no sympathy for this view.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Interior Minister*Bernard Cazeneuve*has just finished speaking to the press after a meeting of the Council of Ministers, and announced 1,500 soldiers will conduct patrols in the heart of the capital.

He called for the public prosecutor to be transparent about the progress of the investigation, and said*France*was working closely “with other European countries to establish the identities of those responsible for these barbaric acts.”

A one minute silence will be observed in schools and public institutions on Monday.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Senior figures in both Hamas and Islamic Jihad in the Palestinian territories have condemned the attacks in Paris.

Dr Bassem Naim, head of the Council of International Relations for Hamas, told AFP the group condemned “the acts of aggression and barbarity”, while Islamic Jihad condemned “a crime against innocents”.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
China are responsible for just about every act of cyber terrorism which happens around the world. They are by far and away the biggest threat to international stability. .

Deflection again. I really did not know that the Chinese were involved in the atrocities last night in Paris, and the terrorism over the last few years involving Muslim extremists.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
From BBC website

"Paris is, predictably, in a febrile state. Reports of shooting in the suburb of Bagnolet spread online and a police helicopter was dispatched overhead. Police are now saying the noise was firecrackers set off by a wedding party. "

This point aside I'm surprised at how much of the media coverage of this terrible event is censored.

Last night images were largely restricted to police reactions and today some important mobile phone footage shown has been so heavily pixelated it's pointless. The media were recently prepared to provide uncensored images of a dead child being found on a beach in Turkey, so I would have thought that they would think that broadly the public could stomach more uncensored images of this tragedy.

Given the positive reaction of the public to the images of that poor child, I would have thought a consistent approach to news broadcasting could only help the public understand the nature of this tragedy.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This point aside I'm surprised at how much of the media coverage of this terrible event is censored.

Last night images were largely restricted to police reactions and today some important mobile phone footage shown has been so heavily pixelated it's pointless. The media were recently prepared to provide uncensored images of a dead child being found on a beach in Turkey, so I would have thought that they would think that broadly the public could stomach more uncensored images of this tragedy.

Given the positive reaction of the public to the images of that poor child, I would have thought a consistent approach to news broadcasting could only help the public understand the nature of this tragedy.

In your dreams CF, especially where the BBC are concerned.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
China are responsible for just about every act of cyber terrorism which happens around the world*.

* except those by US, N Korea, S Korea, Russia, Britain, France, Taiwan, Saudi, Australia (current top 10)

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Senior figures in both Hamas and Islamic Jihad in the Palestinian territories have condemned the attacks in Paris.

Dr Bassem Naim, head of the Council of International Relations for Hamas, told AFP the group condemned “the acts of aggression and barbarity”, while Islamic Jihad condemned “a crime against innocents”.

What do u expect them to say? :angel:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
One of the gunmen at the theatre was 'known to the authorities.'

What a fvcking surprise. How many more times, before we round up these vermin?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My last paragraph referred to Al-Quaeda as my initial response (that has been questioned here) was referring to a point that was made about sympathy to the cause of the 7/7 attacks which clearly predate ISIS.

Things have obviously moved on now since the arrival of ISIS and from this we now have a new agenda to deal with, but please understand I am trying to add clarity to a point made by another poster about a previous event in a different time and climate.

I hope you understand now. :thumbsup:

Ok many thanks for your reply

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If you want to believe the supposed motivation of the terrorists go ahead. They seem to claim every cause as justification from Palestine to Iraq, Afghanistan, Infidel troops near Mecca, Blasphemy, establishing a Caliphate. I have no sympathy for this view.

You have completely missed the point, but while we are at it, what was our justification for going to war in Iraq and did you sympathise with it?

As far as acts of terrorism goes you should look up the King David Hotel bombing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My own thoughts on this, are that France, as a country has a larger far right wing bias than us. Maybe, the National Front will be elected in 2017 on the back of a backlash against Moslem immigrants, as they are far more successful at the polls than our own far right parties, be it the BNP, NF, EDL, or a myriad of other minority parties.
Apart from the London bombings of 2005, our radical Islamist terrorist have not been as successful in this country, as the French terrorists have been in France, this maybe due to the fact that we have been fighting anti terrorist low level wars since 1945, be it in Palestine, Malaysia, Aden, Cyprus etcand, of course Northern Ireland, and we have had to become, probally the most successful nation at combating a serious terrorist threat in our own lands.
Anyway, my heart goes out to all the victims of terrorism, whether in France, or the Middle East.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You have completely missed the point, but while we are at it, what was our justification for going to war in Iraq and did you sympathise with it?

As far as acts of terrorism goes you should look up the King David Hotel bombing.

Come on, how many more times have we got to read about your obsession about Blair and the war. We all know errors have been made and it has been recognised time and time again on here. And now you want to go even further back to the late 40s -when are you going to move on and recognise that extreme islam might just be to blame irrespective?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One of the gunmen at the theatre was 'known to the authorities.'

What a fvcking surprise. How many more times, before we round up these vermin?

and it will continue to happen while we live in a liberal democracy rather than a fascist state where people can be rounded up on a merest suspiscion.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Just been announced on Sky the passport found on the body of one of the terrorists had passed through greek island of Lesbos in October. There you have it's all the proof you need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports