Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I am not sure you need religion, it helps but it can certainly be done without it. Fear, misinformation and mistrust are a decent substitute.

It can be but religious belief/indoctrination is the conduit for feeding poison into the minds of the perpetrators of this latest atrocity. Fear, mistrust, misinformation (which religion reinforces) can lead in a similar direction but are easier to overcome through continued rational argument. This is impossible for those who have blind faith.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Change our border control and change it now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The problem is that if everyone runs away from people like those in Paris, they won't stop.

It's still a fact today's as it has been for thousands of years that sometimes violence is required to address violence, yesterday's events ended because violence was met with violence.

In today's world where our media is dripping wet with sentimentality this dynamic is so far removed from its narrative many people are now blind to this unpalatable reality.

Running away from violence won't ever stop violence...........given armistice day was only a few days ago, this country should understand this reality more than most.

But who do you get violent against? This is not like what might be called a traditional (for want of a better phrase) where you Are at war with a country. This is about fighting an often hidden enemy. If you kill thousands of innocent people then is this any better than yesterday? It could make it escalate and help the propaganda. It is not as simple as launching some nuclear weapons as some say.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It could help, but it's just as likely that any acts of terrorism in our country will be committed by British citizens.

:(

Unfortunately that is a serious issue as extremists are already in each and every country.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Every time these atrocities occur, or individuals or families slope off from the UK to Syria, it transpires that the perpetrators are 'known' to the authorities and on some watch list.On that basis I hope the UK security services stop watching and start kicking some doors in and detaining these people in a secure facility, guarded 24/7 by the Paras.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Every time these atrocities occur, or individuals or families slope off from the UK to Syria, it transpires that the perpetrators are 'known' to the authorities and on some watch list.On that basis I hope the UK security services stop watching and start kicking some doors in and detaining these people in a secure facility, guarded 24/7 by the Paras.

Not strictly true, I am sure the first realisation of who did the London bombings was when the mother of one of them rang the police to say her son was missing which would indicate as a parent she was unaware what her son was up to.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This will be met with violence. It's the only thing that saved the poor souls in the concert. Or as many as could be saved. Those that hate violence only have the luxury of doing so because someone else is violent on their behalf.

D

Deleted member 22389

I am sick to death of people saying it has nothing to do with religion, once again the terrorists cry before the massacres was 'god is Great'. Let us not pretend anymore that this has nothing to do with religion, it has and we can all see it.

I agree, and once again the same questions will be raised over and over again, why, how, we will keep going around in circles until it something like this happens again. We will keep pouring millions in to finding a solution, and our so called leaders will continue to put the security of our countries under threat by allowing hundreds of thousands of people to pour in to the EU every year, where the majority share a religion that is at war with itself and at war with every other religion it comes in to contact with.

I worry for my daughters future and her safety, yet this is still not enough for some people.You can only explain so much before you give up.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Agreed, but the usual suspects would scream HR and racists etc, meanwhile people are being murdered because of the fear of upsetting those that don't give a damn about who they upset. Just sad isn't, but not surprising.

I think it was lunatics with bombs and guns that did the murdering, not fear of upsetting people.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thread was moved for, I'm sure, good reasons. I've moved it back to the main board because it's a major world news event that people will wish to discuss.

Please consider what you are writing however, because if you post offensively, either towards other posters or just general common decency, then you won't be posting again for a while.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
This will be met with violence. It's the only thing that saved the poor souls in the concert. Or as many as could be saved. Those that hate violence only have the luxury of doing so because someone else is violent on their behalf.

I'm no pacifist, but It can have the effect of becoming circular.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not strictly true, I am sure the first realisation of who did the London bombings was when the mother of one of them rang the police to say her son was missing which would indicate as a parent she was unaware what her son was up to.

Well, of course it won't be every single time, but I am amazed by how often there is some Islamic-based terror incident in the UK it transpires that the perpetrators were 'known' to the authorities. The murderers of Lee Rigby being a case in point, the bloke the press dubbed Jihadi John, the 4 girls from Bethnal Green who fled to Syria, the 3 sisters from Dewsbury... the list goes on and on.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
This situation is getting out of hand now, we should have denied everyone entrance to the UK returning from Iraq and Syria unless they could prove that they weren't out there to fight or serve ISIS. I do also feel that if this does happen within the UK, we would deal with it completely different to how the French have. The thought of being confronted by BSF is as much a deterrent as anything.
If called into action the SAS would not hesitate to extinguish this scum from the planet, this is the only way to deal with it, not arrest and lock them up. Having served in the armed forces my opinions are considerably different to people who haven't.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Well, the Charlie Hebdo killers were French, when it suited them , but only technically, as they and thousands of others have never really integrated and have no intention of doing so. They got there by car.
Corrected for you.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
I disagree. It was making a serious point. Some terrorists are homegrown. Not immigrants, our fellow citizens, ready to attack their own country
Oh do leave off with all this ''fellow citizens '' bollocks , they are here thats all, they're not like us or ''of'' us , they are technically ''fellow citizens''

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
...but it will. It has been proven by some of the more retarded and bigoted posters on here that stopping curry munchers, rag heeads and chinkies and that then the world would become another Eden populated by rich, fat Caucasians in the northern fertile countries stuffing our stupid faces with triple cheese barbecue and Bacon mc muffins. The other ones, where the whole food, air water,shelter thing is more challenging. Well, hey can carry on murdering each other in the sand,.

If you are going to throw around assumptions then try not to embellish and put in false assumptions. I do not believe that most posters who have a view that does not fit your criteria have ever used the words "curry munchers" "ragheads" and "chinkies", the Sikhs amongst others wear the turban, is there a problem with the Sikhs in the UK and Europe, any problem with the Chinese....NO, no terrorism or special demands, no appeasement needed for these two or MANY other religions and races that have/are not causing terrorist acts. We have a problem with SOME and getting bigger, from a certain religion, perhaps to you it should not be mentioned, i think it should.
After a post like this i wonder who are the "retarded" and "bigoted posters" you mention

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports