Shootings and explosion in Paris!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One thing's for sure. It's going to make the French Presidential elections VERY interesting. Marie Le Pen is already in a solid 2nd place. This might just push her into pole position.

Logged onto NSC. First post I see is this. Logging off.

People going to meals, football, concerts and about thier business are dead. Already people are pontificating about the political ramifications. Sorry buzzer I don't mean to pick on you but ffs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trouble is some on here will still say that is wrong and all should be welcomed with open arms, madness !!

I would never say that. Stop being silly. Tomorrow, if you can restrain yourself from throwing an immigrant into the sea, try having a chat with one.

There are two people on this thread talking absolute rubbish and you are one. There are people being murdered here, and thrashing out at the Pole/Indian/whatever next door is pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A lot more of them are the enemy than you'd like to believe.

Yes, but which? There are people in my town (and yours) who are abusing their kids. Which?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Like I said, when an English Facist hit me I did not assume that the English are all facists and my enemy (I'm a loyal Englishman). You seem to think that Muslims are the enemy. Yes, of course you are wrong :ffsparr:

In a world of cold, unemotional thinking, your words are sensible. Right now, try and choose which side you are on.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is not just terrorism but outright war on our people and lands. It is beginning to be very worrying.

Not wanting to sound harsh, but it was getting worrying ages ago. Many thought something like this would happen, but it was just scaremongering.....wasn't it.
Our borders must close and i think some borders were closed a few weeks ago. Before i come across as heartless, or worse in some posters minds, helping the genuine refugees from Syria must be done very near their own country, which was what should have been happening weeks ago as many stated.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I would never say that. Stop being silly. Tomorrow, if you can restrain yourself from throwing an immigrant into the sea, try having a chat with one.

There are two people on this thread talking absolute rubbish and you are one. There are people being murdered here, and thrashing out at the Pole/Indian/whatever next door is pathetic.

As long as we can keep in mind this is a cultural/religious attack without mistake. This is nothing but true. Not defending or overly criticising anyone. (Jeez the proverbial verbal shit you have to state to not offend anyone these days!)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Ok Ok hold up the white flag

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't think it's that clear-cut. For instance, the blokes who bombed London in 2007 were mostly born in this country. No doubt at least some of the Paris attackers were born in France.
Their parents were recent immigrants, and their children were not brought up to be good British civilians.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In a world of cold, unemotional thinking, your words are sensible. Right now, try and choose which side you are on.

I think he is, i also think he is trying to carefully think about who else in on his side. There is no point attacking others because they share the same religion as these extremist nutters.

I think it is prudent at times like this to avoid jumping to conclusions and rushing to condemn until we have all the facts.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We have all this intelligence on people with possible extremist connections or activity and we give them the benefit on the doubt because of human rights. The Lee Rigby killers were on a list but were deemed safe, and the Charlie Hebdo killers were on the list and were also deemed safe. How that Choudary was allowed to preach hate, death and recruit for so long shows the failure in our system of tackling this. We need to be far more proactive with the information we have.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Irish embassy in ‪#‎Paris‬+33144176700
British embassy in #Paris +33144513100
US embassy in #Paris +33143122222
Incase anyone needs to get in touch

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Inspector Clouseau!

I get that taking The Hon Sec's comment on its own it does seem a rather obvious statement to make, but if you look a few posts back, someone is suggesting closing the borders is like 'closing the gate after the horse has bolted'. Together, The Hon Sec's comment is less of a randomly made obvious statement, and more of a 'you're looking at it wrongly' response to someone else's comment that doesn't really deserve your sarcastic response.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Not wanting to sound harsh, but it was getting worrying ages ago. Many thought something like this would happen, but it was just scaremongering.....wasn't it.
Our borders must close and i think some borders were closed a few weeks ago. Before i come across as heartless, or worse in some posters minds, helping the genuine refugees from Syria must be done very near their own country, which was what should have been happening weeks ago as many stated.

Soulman we may display our concerns with different English phraseology but believe me I fully agree with you. Some are a little reticent coming to terms with reality.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We have all this intelligence on people with possible extremist connections or activity and we give them the benefit on the doubt because of human rights. The Lee Rigby killers were on a list but were deemed safe, and the Charlie Hebdo killers were on the list and were also deemed safe. How that Choudary was allowed to preach hate, death and recruit for so long shows the failure in our system of tackling this. We need to be far more proactive with the information we have.

Agreed, but the usual suspects would scream HR and racists etc, meanwhile people are being murdered because of the fear of upsetting those that don't give a damn about who they upset. Just sad isn't, but not surprising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports