Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
99.9% of those that are seeking asylum or moving from one place to another were not involved in this terrorist attack. Some of the terrorists may have (I haven't seen anything concrete yet) hidden among the genuine asylum seekers/migrants.

As I understand it IS are very keen for us to turn on refugees and to alienate Muslims to draw them to their cause.

For these reasons my stance has not changed on asylum seekers, migration or refugees.

Maybe there is silence on this issue because it has nothing to do with the thread.

If you calculations are right, with estimations of a million refugees heading or having headed to Europe we should expect a 1000 terrorists, who with a Paris kill rate of, say, 13-1 should mean about 13,000 deaths.

Hooray.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you calculations are right, with estimations of a million refugees heading or having headed to Europe we should expect a 1000 terrorists, who with a Paris kill rate of, say, 13-1 should mean about 13,000 deaths.

Hooray.

Good point. I would agree that my stats are an underestimation.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Good point. I would agree that my stats are an underestimation.

Of course you have under estimated the impact; you have merely focused on the terrorists, that means we have not considered the murderers rapists, thieves and other types of criminals that would be undoubtedly hiding amongst the genuine refugees.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Born in Pakistan. Bring them back and deport every single one.

Don't be silly. Look how difficult it was to deport/extradite Abu Quatada and Omar Bashri. Human rights lawyers love these cash rich capers...at the taxpayers expense, naturally.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Not surprised, we appease Islam and make excuses for a book that Muslims believe is the word of God despite contradictions and inconsistencies in it.

When you listen to Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of one of the founders of Hamas, he explains the problem within Islam.

https://youtu.be/wCyA5LmLPhM

https://youtu.be/cs4eVuFfqUs

Last edited:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
symyjym said:
Not surprised, we appease Islam and make excuses for a book that Muslims believe is the word of God despite contradictions and inconsistencies in it.
When you listen to Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of one of the founders of Hamas, he explains the problem within Islam.

Yes, but I don't think I like that gathering in Warsaw--it looks to me a little bit too much like similar gatherings not that long ago in a country not that far away. We cannot fight extremists by becoming extrermists ourselves. And the priest in the video should do more praying (in silence and seclusion) and less troop rallying--it's not his job.

Dec 29, 2011
Would the world be more or less peaceful if religion didn't exist? Or is religion just an excuse governments use to justify billions spent on arms each year to further any political or economic cause they may have?

D

Deleted member 22389

We will keep being told that by removing extremists everything is going to be OK. You can get rid of all the extremists, but it doesn't address the changes slowly coming our way. Didn't think it worked well in Luton whilst I was living there, and I don't think it will work well anywhere else either. Shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable or scared of speaking out in your own country because religion will not integrate properly.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes, but I don't think I like that gathering in Warsaw--it looks to me a little bit too much like similar gatherings not that long ago in a country not that far away. We cannot fight extremists by becoming extrermists ourselves. And the priest in the video should do more praying (in silence and seclusion) and less troop rallying--it's not his job.

I agree, but it won't happen here.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Christ on a bike. Can people seriously not just learn to get along?

It is mental. We have all been lucky enough to be born into a country/continent where there are jobs, healthcare and a good way of life. None of us did anything to deserve that yet feel we have the right to tell people to get out of our countries (speaking as a European rather than Brit)

it's a disgusting state of affairs

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

It is mental. We have all been lucky enough to be born into a country/continent where there are jobs, healthcare and a good way of life. None of us did anything to deserve that yet feel we have the right to tell people to get out of our countries (speaking as a European rather than Brit)

Wow if ever there is an example of a sense of privilege you take the biscuit.

Have you no inkling of the many sacrifices our ancestors had to undertake to get where we are now, we as a nation continue to try to evolve justice and equalities that werent even considered 40 years ago.

It doesnt then just follow that we 'happen to be here' and therefore let anyone in without some foresight of its consequence, its exactly the reason we need to be vigilant to whom we might let in, many would wish to move us backwards to a religion prioritised culture and we are told they are moderate.

D

Deleted member 22389

We could open our borders tomorrow, I can tell you now it be the worst thing we ever did for the stability of this country. For a start 6,000+ people from Calais and the surrounding areas would be over here like a shot, and then there would endless queues of people waiting to get in after that. The country just wouldn't be able to cope with it.

How would any of us feel if our own towns turned in to a Calais type situation?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
We could open our borders tomorrow, I can tell you now it be the worst thing we ever did for the stability of this country. For a start 6,000+ people from Calais and the surrounding areas would be over here like a shot, and then there would endless queues of people waiting to get in after that. The country just wouldn't be able to cope with it.

How would any of us feel if our own towns turned in to a Calais type situation?

It was more of a as a human race why can't we find some way to exist. Yeah its ideological and will never happen but there is just so much hatred around.

Yes we could open the borders tomorrow and it would be pretty bad but that isn't what I am suggesting. I'm not saying it's just Britain that needs to - there is enough money and enough space for the majority of people to be happy and well on this planet.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Would the world be more or less peaceful if religion didn't exist? Or is religion just an excuse governments use to justify billions spent on arms each year to further any political or economic cause they may have?
I am atheist but I don't think other religions should be banished because of what we see in Islam.

There will always be Muslims who suggest that Christianity has a violent past to justify Islam’s violence, and to a point this would be correct. However this is just misuse and corruption since the Romans adopted Christianity and the ignorance of the Dark Ages when everyone was God fearing.

Essentially if we look back as Jesus the man and his life, he was a teacher of new ways, a revolutionary, and died on the cross for it. His life was undeniably peaceful, but if we look at Muhammad the man, he was a warlord who fought over 100 bloody battles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_expeditions_of_Muhammad

Even as an atheist I understand that we can aspire to and learn the good will of Jesus, and his life is untainted despite the way he was used after his life. The same couldn’t be said for Muhammad because all those who want to emulate him the only thing he teaches is violence and playing the victim.

Buddhist’s, Hindus’, Sikh’s and Jesus to name a few are all peaceful so it wouldn’t be right to reject these just because Islam is a violent false religion with a violent false prophet heading it. Even in Judaism they don't take the Torah, which is violent, literally, but Islam believes that the Quran is directly the word of God.

What I do believe now is instead of appeasing Muslims by building Mosques, more often than not financed by the Saudi Wahhabi sect, is ban any new constructions of Mosques in Britain. There are plenty of unused buildings they can use.

The Quran, the Bible, and the Islamic Dilemma;

https://youtu.be/nNAS0aaViM4

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

It was more of a as a human race why can't we find some way to exist. Yeah its ideological and will never happen but there is just so much hatred around.

Yes we could open the borders tomorrow and it would be pretty bad but that isn't what I am suggesting. I'm not saying it's just Britain that needs to - there is enough money and enough space for the majority of people to be happy and well on this planet.

I completely agree that there is enough money and space, but when you try and move millions of people to the EU with everything else that is going on at the moment, things will flare up.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I completely agree that there is enough money and space, but when you try and move millions of people to the EU with everything else that is going on at the moment, things will flare up.

And I completely agree with that as well.

Like I say, more ideological than something we should/could do now.

Clearly badly worded in my half tired state today. Damn you Christmas parties and meals

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I think you will find that we have what we have due to the hard work, thrift, and sacrifice of many generations before us, and the older generation may well feel that they HAVE deserved it. I am certain that I have never seen anyone on here post that folk should get out of the country or indeed Europe,- just that as we start to fill up, it is probably better to restrict the number of entrees.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Will never ever happen as you'd like it too.
Colour,cultures,religions means a clash that many don't and won't accept...In the animal kingdom most can't live together without killing or injurying eachother.The human race may be more brainier,but the analogy is the same and will never change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here