Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shootings and explosion in Paris!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Desperate times require desperate measures , what would your solution be.

They have nothing to offer, they cannot see any consequence of anything, its their politics, they sit on the sidelines and narrate.

Except to somehow mutter 'how about the bankers', thats about it for them.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
If we bring in internment we will not be maintaining our way of life. It didn't work in Northern Ireland, nor has Guantanamo stopped attacks or even been kept on as a viable option by the States.

I accept that GB, however the reality is that strong action by the state that will be needed to defeat Islam, not smug platitudes.

I guess internment may be preferable to just shooting the f8ckers.

As for maintaining our way of life, that horse bolted a long time ago, and Govt's never usually need an excuse to introduce legislation, the threat of islamic terrorism provides a rich seam from which more of our hard fought freedoms will be put through the salami slicer of public safety.

This time of course some of these restrictions may even be demanded by the electorate...................stronger border controls for example.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nice one.
Sadly I don't remember so much media coverage and sympathy when just 2 weeks ago a Russian plane of 224 innocent holidaymakers was blown out of the sky over Sinai by the same terrorist group.

I think, rightly or wrongly, quite a few people remembered the Malaysian airliner shot down over Ukraine which would have diminished their sympathy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I accept that GB, however the reality is that strong action by the state that will be needed to defeat Islam, not smug platitudes.

As for maintaining our way of life, that horse bolted a long time ago, and Govt's never usually need an excuse to introduce legislation, the threat of islamic terrorism provides a rich seam from which more of our hard fought freedoms will be put through the salami slicer of public safety.

This time of course some of these restrictions may even be demanded by the electorate...................stronger border controls for example.

How do you defeat Islam which is a faith and what is the difference between an Islamic terrorist and a terrorist other than how they justify their actions.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Are we trying to defeat Islam?

If Islam was the problem then we would be fighting 1.57 billion people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are we trying to defeat Islam?

And there you have it. You've hit the nail on the head here. For many it's nothing more than religious intolerance.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And there you have it. You've hit the nail on the head here. For many it's nothing more than religious intolerance.

Personally I love a bit of religious intolerance, Islam needs a real kickin', it needs to be mocked, it needs to be challenged and it needs to be told within a western perspective its all a bit silly.

Just as in my secondary modern education I too was rinsed of any religious aspiration, I can honestly say I cannot remember referring to any of my mates, colleagues or others within a religious context, luckily I and my community was free of all the bigotry and chanting claptrap.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The usual personal attack (your obsession is getting a little creepy now. if you don't like me or my posts, how about be a grown up and just ignore them). would you mind staying on topic so the mods don't have to move this thread of the main site. Some of us would like to continue to discuss the issues.

Mashable isn't that obscure and the article was demonstrating something that many people on these threads have been calling out for. You are letting your obsession cloud your judgement i think.

It is all very strange. The thrust of your post was that others needed to be told by you, and yet when I criticise you, it becomes personal. You claim here that you wish to discuss issues, yet your post discussed nothing, other than condescendingly reminding others, who needed no such reminder, that all muslims should not be held responsible. We all know that, I have never seen a post on here, which would claim otherwise, which makes a mockery of your "discussion".

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
image.jpg

A rather large piece of news, if true.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There's nothing obscure about Mashable or social media. Most people under 45 will have heard of it or Twitter o/ Facebook and use social media daily. Since it is usually young men who are radicalised, what [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] has pointed out is an extremely positive and welcome step from the Islamic community

I did not mention social media as such, by the way. And I do not dispute that what he referred to was a welcome step -of course quotes to which he referred form a welcome step. What I took issue with, if you had read it properly, was that he wrote that others on here needed to be reminded that not all muslims are guilty. The vast majority of folk on here write articulately, irrespective of their views, and as such is quite capable of working out that the sins of the few should not be pushed on to the majority. I, and I am sure you, have never read any post which would claim that all muslims are responsible. This is why BF's post was so unnecessary.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is far more alarming is surveys repeatedly revealing the proportion of Muslims expressing support for Sharia 'laws', separate Islamic schools and open hostility towards Western liberal culture. Such people may not be classified as extremists, but their failure to integrate is a failure of our country's supposedly multicultural ambitions.

The long-term remedy for the UK is for the abandonment of 'faith schools' in favour of an educational system that's designed to encourage inquisitive, critical thinking - and learning that's based on logic, and evidence, rather than ancient stories fabricated 1500 years ago by men who believed the world was flat.
As much as I agree with this sentiment, it hasn't done the French much good has it? They are a secular republic and whilst I feel the absence of religion from the state is to be applauded, it has also bred intolerance in the French public who now won't accept anything that isn't pure French. Consequently there is simmering resentment everywhere and there are ghettos all over Paris that are far worse than our trouble spots.

Personally I am beginning to think Angela Merkel is going to have a lot to answer for. There is a feeling in Germany that she hasn't really accomplished much as Chancellor, and she knows it. Her idea of unilaterally opening the German borders was meant to be her putting her mark on German politics. Instead, the whole of the EU has paid the price for this and now it turns out some of those 1m+ refugees are wronguns. Who'd have thought it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here