Shooting Star - sold on the cheap. DISASTER!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
DISASTER! I have to agree with all those who say the fee for Bobby is ridiculously low. Like so may of you I feel let down and then some! The arguments about him being 'unproven at the top level' are rubbish since he is already considered good enough to play for England U21s and everyone in the know thinks he will go all the way. Once again the rich football elite have stuffed a smaller club - this time it's us. Even Spurs are saying they've got BZ on the cheap.

He should have stayed, scored another 30 goals and been sold when a sensible offer came in. And the idea that Bobby is entitled to be 'unhappy' to stay a bit longer at the Albion when being paid thousands of pounds a week to do something he loves and is brilliant at, with his whole career in front of him, is downright ridiculous. Managers are employed to sort out players who behave like that - can you imagine what Mickey Adams would do?????

Fed up, disappointed, but nevertheless, like all of us, wishing BZ all the luck in the world. Bobby, come on, do us proud and play for England!
And yes, still 100% behind Dick Knight. I totally disagree with this decision but that does NOT mean I think he should 'go' - for heaven's sake, what would that do, and why should he? We've just won two Championships without a proper ground!

WE WANT FALMER! The key to everything. Every NIMBY prat in Sussex is ganging up on us. But we'll get there!!

Bobby's valedictory poem...

SHOOTING STAR

After the war years and exile in Kent
He came to thrill us all, our just reward:
A name to rank in Albion’s Hall of Fame
Beside the likes of Lawrenson and Ward.
Right from the first we knew he’d be a star.
A spell on loan – we thought he’d soon be gone.
Sharp as a razor, strong and fleet of foot.
Then Bristol let us have him for a song....

And what a song we sang those first two years!
A deadly marksman in an awesome team.
Two Championships, and over sixty goals.
Division One! Now we could really dream...
Seagulls drowned out the home crowds everywhere.
Our unsung heroes did their very best.
We nearly made our second great escape.
Then money talked. An agent did the rest.

Players will come and go: we are the fans.
So thank you, Bobby, thank you and goodbye.
We wish you lots of goals and lots of fun
At that great corporate Hotspur in the Sky.
But oh, the price they paid just makes me sick.
And thousands like me will be hopping mad.
Spurs are not Skint. We sold him on the cheap.
Perhaps the greatest player we ever had.

ATTILA THE STOCKBROKER

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
I thought that you were going to be objective for a while, but then you return to the party line! Well, i understand, nobody else would pay you to spout such drivel!:lolol:

I cannot stand Dick Tight, so if you feel like you do, how do you think i feel?:shootself

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Cheers Attila, you've summed up our mood perfectly.

But here's to Steve Coppell, and the players that remain. Remind us of your quality, and get us back in Division One again!!!

:clap2:

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
Hoddle say's, IT"S A STEAL getting Zamora for 1.5M.
No argument there bible boy.
Dickie boy is happy too,BOLLOCKS, I'm not !!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I reckon Micky Adams would have sold a player on who was possibly effecting the morale of his team. The time of players being effectively grounded until they come into line disappeared when agents increased their influence on the game.
To pay a player £4,500 a week to under-perform as he dreams of greener pastures is modern stupidity.

Nice poem though.
If you like that kind of thing.
:clap2:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Mullers:
I don't give a party line. I say what I think.
And to make this clear once again: I am NOT paid by Dick Knight or the Albion
(and I buy a season ticket)

....but I did put £20 on Sussex to win the Championship at 33-1 before the season started after they signed Mushtaq - my first ever visit to a betting shop as well - now THAT may be a nice little earner!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports