Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shola Ameobi

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just looking at the Newcastle Chronicle which quotes John Carver as helping him recover from an ankle injury and to find a club in the MLS.I guess he could play here to the end of our season then join an MLS club a la Lampard? ???

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He's deceptively skilful for a tall lad, I reckon he'd be gold in The Championship and presume he'd be happy hooking up with Chris and Kaz again. Get him in.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm really tied on this one.

Ameobi has never been a prolific scorer and I have to admit to saying I think the guy is one of the worst centre forwards I've ever seen play in the BPL. However, there is something here which makes me think that he could become a bit of a cult figure for us. He's 33 years old and in the twilight of his career, but if he can get the best out of CMS, Colunga & Baldock then maybe he could be a good fit.

Whether I would prefer him over a younger, fitter and keener O'Grady though? I'm not sure.

There's been so may centre forward worse than him in the EPL over the years, never heard of the BPL mind.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seriously shit player. Was hoping for much better than him. If it's only a short term deal until the end of the season the fair enough as more players become available in the summer.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Funny you should say that...

#hindsight

If he hadn't have broken into the Spurs team this year and been linked to us, NSC would have INSTANTLY rejected him because of THIS record over the past 2 seasons as "useless":

2012–2013
Norwich City (loan) 3 Games (0 goals)

Leicester City (loan) 13 games (2 goals)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes please.

I can't think of a valid reason for this to be a bad idea, especially if it was on a 6-month deal.

Ok, so he's not of Bent's calibre but it's not like we're going to be swimming in top quality strikers is it?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Take him on for the rest of the season,stepping down to the Championship and having the benifit of Chris`s experience of the player could well keep us clear of the relegation zone.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He'll be our Jason Roberts...it's going to happen

And yet I can remember someone on here writing "I'm so glad we haven't got a player like Jason Roberts" after we'd played Reading at the Amex the season they went up. No-one's good enough for one or two people ...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shola Ameobi would become a true Brighton legend, and I couldn't be happier if we signed him. Shamir Fenelon is going to need a new squad number.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Have a look at his 79 goals for Newcastle on YouTube. He looks clumsy at times but this is a guy who has scored goals in the EPL and European games. He's scored against Man Utd, Chelsea and Barcelona in competitive games. I'd say that he might be past his best but as a replacement for COG? We'd be mad not to!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he hadn't have broken into the Spurs team this year and been linked to us, NSC would have INSTANTLY rejected him because of THIS record over the past 2 seasons as "useless":

2012–2013
Norwich City (loan) 3 Games (0 goals)

Leicester City (loan) 13 games (2 goals)

Looked like a loan deal was all but done back in the summer, from wot I've 'eard...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here