• Other - please specify

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Shoes of course, wear trainers at the gym, playing badminton or cricket. What on earth are grown men doing wandering around dressed like teenagers? :nono:

There are hundreds of different styles of trainers, I find teenage lads seem to favour these huge Nike Air type, I wouldn't personally wear them. But to answer your question, trainers are comfortable if I'm walking about all day.
Not sure I would wear shoes with shorts in the summer.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There are hundreds of different styles of trainers, I find teenage lads seem to favour these huge Nike Air type, I wouldn't personally wear them. But to answer your question, trainers are comfortable if I'm walking about all day.
Not sure I would wear shoes with shorts in the summer.

Nor do I, I have a nice pair of Samuel Windsor open toed leather sandals for summertime use.

I don't wear formal shoes if I'm 'walking about all day' - I have very comfortable Deck Shoes for that and if it is serious walking over Fells etc. I have a pair of Brasher Boots which are both comfy & weatherproof - thoroughly recommended!

Likewise never go out on the Motorcycle without proper Bike Boots on.

A Right Place for Everything and Everything in it's Right Place.:thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's a guy in my office who comes in a perfectly normal and comfortable pair of trainers, but then changes into CROCS for the day :facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Could be worse, could be open toed sandals.

The guy behind me does that in the summer, thankfully without socks. He also has a HANDBAG, which he brings in alongside his rucksack. He's Ukranian so maybe it's something they do over there.

I do wear flip-flops to work in the summer though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thinking about, I have almost as many shoes as a WOMAN.

Slippers
Casual flip-flops
Smart flip-flops
Asics casual trainers
Skechers trainers
Smartish suede shoes
Smart boots
Smart brown shoes
Running shoes
Football astros
Hiking boots
Merrel barefoot trainers
Snow boots
Ice skates
Ski boots

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The rest of the time I wear Vans.
IMG_0025.PNG

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If I'm working at home an old pair of Salomon walking shoes which are very comfortable. if im out and about whatever s suitable for the clothes I'm wearing from sandals to brogues. But never ever white trainers as I don't wear track suits

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was a shoe man till I sort of gave up on my current job and decided to chill till I bugger off overseas, now I love cool trainers again. But a man should have excellent shoes, as there is many a time that you will be judged by them.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I have frankenfeet. Got measured in Clarks recently as 11 1/2 length but 14 in height over arch. I have managed to find two pairs of shoes that fit me in the past decade - a pair of black Riekers and a pair of brown M&S brogues. The black brogues in the same range didn't fit for whatever reason - different sweatshop probably. Neither shop had more than one pair in that freakazoid size.

I also have a pair of Doc Martens steel toed "safety trainers" from a few years ago that I can't find on their website but are like clown shoes - had a few customers, Tesco being the main one, that insisted on rated PPE to go in to server rooms. They look like shoes, not trainers.

However, Adidas and DC size 13s fit me and are increasingly available in shops; and always online. Classic Adidas somehow becoming acceptable for most things except business/business casual has been incredibly useful. I have maybe 15 pairs of DC NET and DC Court Grafix and 15 various Adidas - Ciero and Gazelle mostly but some others.

If only the Patrick Kielty suit and trainers look could make it in business I wouldn't have to wear the hideous, painful Riekers anymore.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Nor do I, I have a nice pair of Samuel Windsor open toed leather sandals for summertime use.

I don't wear formal shoes if I'm 'walking about all day' - I have very comfortable Deck Shoes for that and if it is serious walking over Fells etc. I have a pair of Brasher Boots which are both comfy & weatherproof - thoroughly recommended!

Likewise never go out on the Motorcycle without proper Bike Boots on.

A Right Place for Everything and Everything in it's Right Place.:thumbsup:

Do you live on a boat?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here