Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shite day...

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
But, oddly buzzing still just from knowing that we did so well, I'll be at Gills or Blackpool so that'll be my first visit.
Very bizarre celebrating Buckley's winner while heading back home and then bursting into tears!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
BBCNews24 and radio publised it every 30 minutes, and gave no hope that it was going to be cleared any time soon.

I was hoping Doncaster (and long range Albion) fans would have left earlier & used other routes, so everyone could make the magical day.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I came down last night to stay at my parent's place overnight in Burgess Hill - and my Dad called to tell me about the m25 problems just before we set off yesterday at 7pm. Coming from the M1, we decided to go via Dartford and thru Tonbridge instead.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Why did you go anywhere near the M25? Don't you watch the news? Really sorry it spoiled your day though mate.

Cos Radio 5 said they were opening two lanes at 9.00, then when we got close to the closure they put that back to 12, then 3, then it was too late.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Cos Radio 5 said they were opening two lanes at 9.00, then when we got close to the closure they put that back to 12, then 3, then it was too late.

That is a bugger! The TV said the clockwise would open a couple of lanes "mid-morning" but the anti-clockwise needed re-surfacing, the barriers replaces and a gantry mended - which would take hours.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I do sympathise with you, and I know what an utter pain it can be, especially if you need the toilet, given there are so few services on the M25. I nearly drove into it myself last night, as my usual route home from SW11 is A3, M25, M23, then local roads. As it was, I was listening to LBC, and they were carrying reports of it. Instead I had the pleasure of driving through Epsom and Purley.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I actually do sympathise my dopy lad was stuck in it and decided to get out of the car he was in and walk down the 25. He eventually got picked up by the old bill who drove hime to Dorking train station. He finally got to the stadium at 2pm but I think the driver of the car was still on the 25, poor sod.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
Knew about it before I left Swindon, so went via Bracknell, Guildford, Horsham then over to A23 at Cowfold, took nearly 3hrs. Went back via Pompey, S'ton & Newbury that only took 2 hrs 30mins. No way was I going anywhere near the M25 today.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Glad I came down last night..

Seriously buy a sat nav with traffic up dates...i bought one for my kid, she said why as she knows the way!!! the traffic updates are very very acurate and you would have known the roads were closed/blocked/slow as soon as u left your front door..

Bit of hindsight always helps!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here