Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood has left spurs!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I would be really excited by this. He develops youth players which is the route we are going down with the new training ground opening. I don't know what people's problem is with him?

*Waits to get flamed*

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yep I'm all for Sherwood. Wasn't to begin with but then i didn't really know much about him. The more i read about him the more i would like him as our manager.

Make it happen Tony

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would be really excited by this. He develops youth players which is the route we are going down with the new training ground opening. I don't know what people's problem is with him?

*Waits to get flamed*

Problem :

(a) He comes across as an idiot
(b) He has less than a season's experience as number 1.
(c) His limited experience is at a higher level, where he has spent a lot of his career. Serious worry he would be off like a shot when the Premier League sacking season starts in October.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Problem :

(a) He comes across as an idiot
(b) He has less than a season's experience as number 1.
(c) His limited experience is at a higher level, where he has spent a lot of his career. Serious worry he would be off like a shot when the Premier League sacking season starts in October.

(a) That's your opinion
(b) He stats at Spurs were not to shabby.
(c) See A.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Not for me. We need a manager with experience at THIS level. I don't want someone who will either be a bit of a gamble or name for the sake of it.

I also want this whole Burke position banished, I doubt that will happen though.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bit of a joke when so many fans are turning their noses up at a guy because of his lack of experience. Sherwood has been admired by Premier League managers for his record since he started. Seems some fans' expectations are completely unrealistic. Yes we are a progressive club, great stadium, loyal fans, no big debt problems or nutters on the board. But we are a Championship club, and not the richest or biggest at that. Perhaps they're holding out for Ancelotti?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The main argument against Sherwood is shirley his attitude. Do we really want another manager with a massive ego and a tendency to say what he thinks to the media? It'll end in tears.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So pretty much like poyet and Oscar then.

Would LOVE it to be sherwood but I think he's too good for us sadly.

Really? He's got a few months experience as basically a caretaker manager, and nobody in the Premier League is going to give him a job. If anything, I'd say we're too good for him.

I like Sherwood's credentials, and he did well in the circumstances at Spurs, but I just struggle to warm to him. I'm sure I could learn to though if he took over and we started doing well. I'd rather we went for someone like him, with something to prove, than for one the usual faces journeymen that hop around the lower leagues.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Bit of a joke when so many fans are turning their noses up at a guy because of his lack of experience. Sherwood has been admired by Premier League managers for his record since he started. Seems some fans' expectations are completely unrealistic. Yes we are a progressive club, great stadium, loyal fans, no big debt problems or nutters on the board. But we are a Championship club, and not the richest or biggest at that. Perhaps they're holding out for Ancelotti?

What a ridiculous logic.

Admired by Premier League Managers? A league laced with fairy tale expectations and sugar coated failure.

The guy has done nothing yet, he has however filled his boots to show the world what he is made of.

I don't want an English version of Poyet thanks

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? He's got a few months experience as basically a caretaker manager, and nobody in the Premier League is going to give him a job. If anything, I'd say we're too good for him.

I like Sherwood's credentials, and he did well in the circumstances at Spurs, but I just struggle to warm to him. I'm sure I could learn to though if he took over and we started doing well. I'd rather we went for someone like him, with something to prove, than for one the usual faces journeymen that hop around the lower leagues.

All of this.

Would prefer Steve Clarke or Paul Clement.

Just find him a bit arrogant for some reason.

owen_gibb1989

Nov 6, 2011
Sherwood worries me slightly, has a touch of the Mourinho's (and not the good quality's) seems to have the ability to piss people off, not exactly a viable long term solution. But if he can calm down slightly he wld at least put out a team looking to attack and play with a bit of boldness and aggression which lets face it wld be a huge improvement on this season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All of this.

Would prefer Steve Clarke or Paul Clement.

Just find him a bit arrogant for some reason.

I'm not sure if it's arrogance. I reckon he knew he was on his way out from a while back, so just said it how it was, when he was asked a question. When you look at what he said (players' poor performances on the pitch, the hierarchy talking to other managers, people thinking they could just replace the world's most expensive player just like that) most of it was pretty much spot on.

He did pretty well with Spurs, IMO, especially considering a) it was his first job in management b) he was thrown in at the deep end mid-season and c) a lot of the players at his disposal were not of his choosing (many would argue maybe they weren't AVB's, but that's a different matter). He was also not afraid to bring players in from the cold (Adebayor was a revelation under him) and also play young players who he thought deserved a chance.

Daniel Levy is a lot of things, but I don't think he's stupid enough to stick Sherwood in if he thought he couldn't at least steady the ship and guide them to a decent finish in the league.

Sherwood worries me slightly, has a touch of the Mourinho's (and not the good quality's) seems to have the ability to piss people off, not exactly a viable long term solution. But if he can calm down slightly he wld at least put out a team looking to attack and play with a bit of boldness and aggression which lets face it wld be a huge improvement on this season.

I think you're right. Poyet seems to have learned to keep his mouth shut, and it stands to reason that, given we were his first job in management, he had a lot to learn. As does Tony Bloom, given that the role of Chairman was/is still relatively new to him. I think IF he came to us, the way he presented himself would be very different to how he did at Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here