Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sherwood BBC1 (or BBC2 if the f***ing tennis is on…)

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Having lived in Notts during my childhood and youth I have a similar problem. It’s a very distinctive accent but a lot of people can’t tell the difference between it and a Yorkshire accent

Don’t you just whack in ‘Me duck’ at the end of most sentences to differentiate…?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Having lived in Notts during my childhood and youth I have a similar problem. It’s a very distinctive accent but a lot of people can’t tell the difference between it and a Yorkshire accent

I always think a good example of a proper Nottingham accent is Jermain Jenas. His accent has probably softened but every so often a word will escape that sounds like working class Nottinghamshire.

Listen to the way he says the word "there". Almost "thee-eer".

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am satisfied.

Good bit of T.V. that were m'ducks.

Not sure about the promise of a second series, I reckon it's done.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I thought it was a decent watch. I would watch it again, but I can't help feeling the acclaim it's getting reflects the appalling standard of everything else on TV these days

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Felt a little anticlimactic

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Been confirmed for a 2nd series.

Was a bit disappointed, felt a bit lightweight like they were trying to squeeze in as many actors as they could, however brief their appearance may be.
Moxy from AWP and Kelly from This is England being prime examples.
The region and the darkness screamed for Shane Meadows, alas he wasn't there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All felt a bit ITV to me. It was entertaining enough but can't say I was as impressed as most people seemed to be.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Was a bit disappointed, felt a bit lightweight like they were trying to squeeze in as many actors as they could, however brief their appearance may be.

You see I absolutely love Meadow's films, but never really rated his TV stuff, it just goes on, bleakly.

Whereas I thought this was the best terrestrial TV programme for years

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

I enjoyed it but was disappointed they said there will be a 2nd series. There was an obvious premis to the 1st series, links to actual events and I thought it came across well. So I can't see how a second series can do anything other than be a re-tread or verges into jumping the shark territory.

I wish they wouldn't keep doing this. So many good series get 2nd and 3rd and beyond series and they invariably go downhill. Imho Broadchurch was a perfect example of this. Why not try and be creative and do summat new instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here