Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shefki Kuqi

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ah didn't see that news. Could well be us but just considering all the other clubs in the league.

Of course, sorry if I sounded like "Well, they are after Gow so obviously you are wrong." I didn't mean it like that, but like "Ooooh, could be us because they might be after Gow" and that only just that minute went up on Sky Sports transfer thing :D

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
These credentials are spot on!....

'Kuqi was placed on the transfer list and fined two weeks wages by Neil Warnock after signalling an offensive gesture to Palace fans when they cheered as he was substituted following a particularly poor performance in the 2–0 defeat against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 23 February 2008'.

and...

'Kuqi signed for Swansea City on a free transfer from TuS Koblenz on 25 January 2010. scored his first goal for Swansea in a 1-0 win at former club Crystal Palace on 9 February 2010.'

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I feel it will be one of the bigger clubs like huddersfield or charlton or plymouth or southampton or a club u dont expect him to go to . It will be good signing if we sign him but cant see why swansea would let him go .

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
It must be us.......we don't have a Finn on the playing staff yet.

Danish
Slovakian
Congolese (on loan)
Scottish
1/2 Egyptian
Austrian
Bulgarian
Spanish
Argentine
Uruguay (Reserves)
Irish

I'm sure I've missed a few. Hard to keep up.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3681710 said:
This is a good shout. It very well could be us.

"Shefki Kuqi's future at the Liberty Stadium could also be in doubt as Rodgers looks to bring in a couple of strikers. A move to Huddersfield United fell through in the Summer but the Evening Post believe that a few other League One clubs are interested in signing the Finn."

I don't think we should be after a player who was linked with Huddersfield United - surely we should be looking for better than that :thumbsup:

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
I feel it will be one of the bigger clubs like huddersfield or charlton or plymouth or southampton or a club u dont expect him to go to . It will be good signing if we sign him but cant see why swansea would let him go .

I don't think we have much choice but to let him go when we have players fit he will be around 4th choice and we want to bring 3 players in during the window or when it re-opens in September it is very unlikely that Kuqi will be named in the 25. I like him strong as an oxe tremendous work rate and is not as slow as some people make out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think we have much choice but to let him go when we have players fit he will be around 4th choice and we want to bring 3 players in during the window or when it re-opens in September it is very unlikely that Kuqi will be named in the 25. I like him strong as an oxe tremendous work rate and is not as slow as some people make out.

Do you think he'd do well in lg 1 then? His goal celebration always looks f***ing painful!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think we should be after a player who was linked with Huddersfield United - surely we should be looking for better than that :thumbsup:

who sheebs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Unfortunately Kuqi doesn't fit into Brendan Rogers vision for Swansea - he needs an all action centre forward with pace to suit how Swansea are trying to play. Kuqi was a panic signing by Sousa last January who we now need to off load to make room in the squad.

Saying that, he did score some good goals last season (the one against Palace was of particular note) and he would definitely score goals in League 1.

Personally, I hope he does come to the Albion :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here