Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Naylor says rosenior was stiff after boro game and with quick turnaround between matches then suspect that's the reason. Also it means he can cover midfield or defence from the bench

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bong looked very rusty when he came on at Charlton (understandably). He gave the ball away a LOT.

Needs to be much sharper tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
#BHAFC team v #SWFC: Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Greer, Bong; Knockaert, Sidwell, Kayal, Skalak; Baldock, Hemed. #SWFCvBHAFC

Good team. I think Murphy was poor against Boro and we missed Skalak's delivery. The only thing I'd change is Wilson for Baldock, but I'm sure that substitution will happen.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Bong looked very rusty when he came on at Charlton (understandably). He gave the ball away a LOT.

Needs to be much sharper tonight.

I think it's hard for a full back to come on as sub. Maybe starting will see a calmer experience

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Bong is a better left back that LR but is still rusty. Great to have Liam on the bench...he's so versatile.
Not sure about Skalak tho

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
SHEFF WED

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Lopez, Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri.

Subs: Wildsmith, Sasso, Hutchinson, Helan, Matias, Nuhiu, Joao.

BRIGHTON

Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Greer, Bong, Knockaert, Sidwell, Kayal, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed.

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Rosenior, Towell, LuaLua, Murphy, Wilson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that with Liam able to cover any defensive position having Calderon on the bench also is a waste of a sub unless they are concerned about Bong or Greer not lasting 90 mins, Glad to see Ritchie Towell on the bench as he will be an unknown to them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
SHEFF WED

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Lee, Lopez, Bannan, Hooper, Forestieri.

Subs: Wildsmith, Sasso, Hutchinson, Helan, Matias, Nuhiu, Joao.

BRIGHTON

Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Greer, Bong, Knockaert, Sidwell, Kayal, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed.

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Rosenior, Towell, LuaLua, Murphy, Wilson.

weak bench. not looking good

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think that with Liam able to cover any defensive position having Calderon on the bench also is a waste of a sub unless they are concerned about Bong or Greer not lasting 90 mins,.

BG working for talkshite again, Calderon is a must for these games he bleeds blue and white.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here