Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is it an exaggeration to say this has to be the most ineffective, impotent and crap group of forwards in the history of this club? An entire season so far and 3 league goals between them, utter utter toilet.

The real tragedy is that we started the season with a woeful strike force and many fans knew it. The people complaining are not even doing so now with the benefit of hindsight, so why this was never addressed is beyond me? Bent staying would have been a massive massive plus point but that was never going to happen the minute Derby came in for him. I'm still hopeful of some value out of Best but it's clear we need more than that alone.

Add to that the fact that other aspects of the team are lacking, particularly the complete absence of a leader on the pitch, and it was always going to be a long hard season. Oh well, such is the up and down nature of football I suppose.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suppose, given our position, it's not a bad result. Makes nothing better though.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Terrible. Why are we so negative? Not impressed by Hughton at the moment. We never even look like scoring from open play, and then he drops our best set piece taker (Holla) from the squad. Very, very odd.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
2 away 0-0s is good IF we were any good at home but we all know different.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Some of the players wouldn't look out of place in the 95/96 Albion squad.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It sounds like our defence has improved, perhaps?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's not a good point.

Wednesday are shocking at home, as bad as us. If that's considered a good result we'll go down, end of.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It does say a lot when teams are banging in 3 or 4 goals and we get moist at a shot on target
Bolton got 3; I'd rather have our 0-0 and a point given the league position.

We'll mostly be shit for the rest of the season. The hope is that we've got a 4-5 'Ipswich' performances in there to go with these bore draws.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We have a very big problem - we have no shots in us

We had a fella that looked like he was really starting to get in the groove, and then out of nowhere he's benched. Who can blame him now if he wants to pi$$ off back North?

Feb 14, 2010
Terrible. Why are we so negative? Not impressed by Hughton at the moment. We never even look like scoring from open play, and then he drops our best set piece taker (Holla) from the squad. Very, very odd.

We are negative because we have rubbish players and centre forwards like CMS who doesnt know where the goal is but who runs around, so he is keeping it tight and trying to nick a result. Fair enough from the manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here