Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield wed sign barca striker

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Very annoying. If Sheffield wed can bring in this sort of potential why can't we?

Do we have our sights and expectations set too high as fans?

Sheffield wed have no more of an attraction than us.

Or are they just gambling spending more £££ than they can afford.

There is obviously the quality out there. This signing leaves me very confused.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We had a former Barcelona youth player on loan from Man City last year and I can't honestly say he would add anything significant to the squad at this point.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
7 Goals, 32 Apps, Barcelona B and he is 22. 2 Caps for Spain U21 and it's a season long loan.

He isn't exactly the next Messi so I wouldn't threat.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh, I didn't realise you have watched Rodri on many occassions and know of his abilities. Well, please inform us all of just how good he is?

Oh, what's that? You don't know his ability and am just making an assumption based on him coming from Barcelona B?

Sandaza came from Valencia. Robbie Wallwork came from Manchester United as did Luke Chadwick but I'm not gutted we don't have them...

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't really understand the logic of this thread, considering we've brought in 4 players all with experience in the top leagues of their divisions, and 3 of them with Champions League experience.

D

Deleted member 22389

Very annoying. If Sheffield wed can bring in this sort of potential why can't we?

Do we have our sights and expectations set too high as fans?

Sheffield wed have no more of an attraction than us.

Or are they just gambling spending more £££ than they can afford.

There is obviously the quality out there. This signing leaves me very confused.

They are just gambling with money, I don't think they really have. And I do think we have our expectations set too high. Three seasons getting to The Championship would have been a dream. Now we have a team capable of staying there, with a good possibility of the play offs. Just my opinion.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't really understand the logic of this thread, considering we've brought in 4 players all with experience in the top leagues of their divisions, and 3 of them with Champions League experience.

But this guy has scored 8 (EIGHT) goals for Barcelona B. Wednesday have clearly pulled out a GEM

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole

Sorry only meant on the striker front. Not explaining myself properly as usual.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
They are just gambling with money, I don't think they really have. And I do think we have our expectations set too high. Three seasons getting to The Championship would have been a dream. Now we have a team capable of staying there, with a good possibility of the play offs. Just my opinion.

This is more what I was getting at. Lots of people seem paranoid that we will lose Gus if we don't go up. But do we really have that potential?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
This is more what I was getting at. Lots of people seem paranoid that we will lose Gus if we don't go up. But do we really have that potential?

What has that got to do with Sheff Wed signing a youngster that 99% of us know nothing about though?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Andy Arnott once played for Manchester United.
Alexis Nicolas was bought from Chelsea.
Joe O'Ceaurill was at Arsenal before us.

Signing somebody from Barcelona doesn't mean he's good!

Well said... Not forgetting Arsenal boys Graham Barratt, Gavin Hoyte, Rami Shaaban and some terrible ex-Villa players (Henderson, Williams). Top clubs don't guarantee to calibre!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you think it shows a difference in ambition between the clubs?

That we have signed 3 players with first team Champions League experience, and they've signed a kid who's played one season in the Spanish equivalent of League 1?

Yes, I'd say it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here