Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Utd v Stevenage

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Better than extra time given the standard of play :lol: Improves the chances of us offloading Hosky for a decent fee (although I still can't see them beating Hudds on tonight's form) and presumably if we are after Freeman he might now become available. (or 4 minutes of Chris Reid if it is him we are watching)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Are Middlesbrough in Yorkshire ? It is all kind of the same up North, may as well as Blackburn and Bolton in as well - going to be a lot more expensive for away games :(

Historically part of the North Riding of Yorkshire, in 1968 the town became the centre of the County Borough of Teesside, which was absorbed by the non-metropolitan county of Cleveland in 1974. In 1996 Cleveland was abolished, and Middlesbrough became a unitary authority, within the ceremonial county of North Yorkshire.

(Wikipedia)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are Middlesbrough in Yorkshire ? It is all kind of the same up North, may as well as Blackburn and Bolton in as well - going to be a lot more expensive for away games :(

Technically they just about are. Yorkshire is MASSIVE.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Hopefully Bostwick isn't the one we are watching - reckon he would pick up a booking a game - great committment but we have enough problems with card count already :)
Freeman is a useful player - not that he is getting too much chance tonight. Pretty dire stuff although signs they might wake up for the last few minutes.
Would be disappointed if we signed any of the players on show. Both sides looked poor and will struggle if they are promoted. If we signed any of these, i would'nt
fancy our chances of a top six place next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would be disappointed if we signed any of the players on show. Both sides looked poor and will struggle if they are promoted. If we signed any of these, i would'nt fancy our chances of a top six place next season.

a very fair response to what was on offer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, looks like a trip to wembley vs Sheffield united then.

Better start saving.

Of course town could bugger it up at home after dicking the franchise at their place on Saturday

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Assuming Huddersfield make it to the Final, there are going to be some long old trips next season:

Cardiff
Birmingham
Hull
Leicester
Middlesbrough
Derby
Burnley
Leeds
Peterborough
Forest
Barnsley
Bristol City
Bolton
Blackburn
Wolves
Sheff Weds
Sheff Utd/Huddersfield
Blackpool (Possibly)

I know not ALL of them are mammoth trips, but the Miles are certainly going to add up next season.

Infact, it just leaves these teams where we'll be travelling less than 3 hours next season:

Charlton
Palace
Millwall
Watford
Ipswich
West Ham (Possibly)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Would be disappointed if we signed any of the players on show. Both sides looked poor and will struggle if they are promoted. If we signed any of these, i would'nt

I think that's a bit unfair, Freeman had a handful of decent moments during the game, and in my eyes was one of the best players on the pitch when in possession. He reminded me of Lua Lua in that he always wanted the ball, tried to take players on and had some tekkers. But as you've said, the quality wasn't really there during the game to show anyone off. But Freeman is playing for Stevenage, lest we forget. Get him into a passing, attacking side and who knows?

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that Freeman can become a better player than Noone, and the scouting staff know that and are finding a younger replacement for Craig.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Despite their low gate, United are a fairly big team. What's to say they can't strengthen in the summer.

You can't really state on the observation of one game, how a team will do next season. It was a nervy game that was very tight. A slip up from either team could mean League One football next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here