Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He gave a yellow card for one of the worst tackles we have ever seen. How is that getting the major calls right?
In the ref's defence (and I reserve the right to U turn) I don't think he could see how bad it was from his angle.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anyone else genuinely angry about that tackle? I mean I’m glad it helped us, but it was really nasty. This has already been posted but…

Look where the ball is FFS
Yes of course.

Commented up thread even before the booking that a Red was not enough and that it was a disgraceful tackle which could have been a career defining injury for Mitoma. The player should be fined for such reckless endangerment of another player. Goodness knows how Mitoma managed to get his other leg out of the way.

After that, I wanted Mitoma out of there altogether tbh - Sheffield play like brainless thugs who spend so much time trying to cultivate the dark arts that they don‘t even notice when their defence is feeding goal opportunities to the oppo - like feeding bread to a flock of seagulls, in fact.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don't think McAtee was play acting
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We won 5-0 , which is great
but I wish we would be more ruthless, it was like a practice match
if their goal would of been allowed, they are back in the match and from there anything can happen
please can we close out a game as soon as possible , then take your foot of the gas
Five - Zero. Clean sheet. Their goal was offside.

The game was closed out and ruthless. Just enjoy it. 🙂

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It’s quite worrying, that had it not been for VAR the ref would’ve given a yellow. Hard to imagine what on earth the Sheffield United player was trying to do with that tackle.
Sorry, misread your comment. As you were

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
We won 5-0 , which is great
but I wish we would be more ruthless, it was like a practice match
if their goal would of been allowed, they are back in the match and from there anything can happen
please can we close out a game as soon as possible , then take your foot of the gas
Tough crowd.

No need to try and BazBall our way to 5-0 at half time.
The goals were always going to come later on with minimal risk/effort if they just kept the ball.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What a pleasant Sunday afternoons viewing that was. It's a big ask, but wouldn't the icing on the cake be if Luton could do the honours?
You can ask, but you don't always get what you ask for. Some years ago, I asked for a night with Angelina Jolie, but I didn't get that either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure it was a career ending tackle for Mitoma, it was on his thigh rather than his knee or lower leg. It could had certainly caused a bloody mess though.

Well obviously it wasn't a career ending tackle for Mitoma, because his career didn't end, he carried on playing. The point was that it could have been if Mitoma had weight on his leg. It was luck that meant he wasn't injured, but the nature of the tackle was bad and it could have caused a serious injury.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lewis Dunk on Sky Sports:

"A top performance. Obviously they had a man sent off and it made a difference for them and harder for them. Once it went to 10 men we played right, played properly, got our chances, and killed the game off."

"Sheffield United are dangerous in transitions. We knew that coming into it. We saw that when we were sloppy on the ball. It can be hard against 10 men because you can have too much time and start forcing the ball. That's when it's dangerous. I thought throughout we controlled the game really well and scored some good goals."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here