[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Well that’s upset me somewhat - the rail replacement bus from Flitwick to Bedford that’s taking me on the first stage of my journey to Sheffield, has a Palace pennant hanging above the driver!

I did express my displeasure to the driver, who redeemed himself somewhat, by explaining it wasn’t his coach and that he’s a West Ham fan! I suggested he needed to speak with his boss about having to put up with such terrible working conditions 🤣

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My lucky cup pants are unavailable for selection.

I apologise to everyone, esp those journeying north to witness our cup exit in person.
I have a lucky Europa League t shirt that I bought in Marseille but I don’t think I should mix competitions

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Since there's a lot of moaning about trains, not least by me, I feel I should dish out some praise when things actually go well.
Got on the Cross Country train to Reading at 9:06. Arrived in Sheffield at 10:17 (3 minutes early). First pint at the Bankers Draft at 10:25. :drink:

The railways are an engineering miracle and I won't hear a word against them :lolol:

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
I saw Peter Kay in Sheffield last summer and had a pint in The Bankers Draft. Got to be the grimmest Spoons I've ever been to and that's saying a lot! Had to wipe my feet on the way out!

En route to Sheffield by train. Hoping to grab a pint or three at The Howard before kick off.

theboybilly

Since there's a lot of moaning about trains, not least by me, I feel I should dish out some praise when things actually go well.
Got on the Cross Country train to Reading at 9:06. Arrived in Sheffield at 10:17 (3 minutes early). First pint at the Bankers Draft at 10:25. :drink:

The railways are an engineering miracle and I won't hear a word against them :lolol:
You haven't made it home yet :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My first ever venture into Tibshelf services - and very nice they are too.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I saw Peter Kay in Sheffield last summer and had a pint in The Bankers Draft. Got to be the grimmest Spoons I've ever been to and that's saying a lot! Had to wipe my feet on the way out!

En route to Sheffield by train. Hoping to grab a pint or three at The Howard before kick off.
It's not great (even by spoons standards, I could have gone to the Benjamin Huntsman instead), but the collection of total nutcases in there at 10am is unmatched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports