Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Been away all day … 5-2, what the fcuk … my QPR super hoops turning more and more into stripes. I dont feel comfortable .,, and I’m pretty drunk now…

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Plenty of love for us on MOTD tonight with the way we controlled the game and player movement to open up spaces.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You lucky folk well on your way home. I'm on the second of three Rail replacement buses, after which, if I'm lucky I will get the last train home - although there's plenty of time for that to be cancelled yet. It's quicker to Brighton than merely across the Pennines..
My brother got back to Birkenhead 10 mins before I got back to Brighton by coach....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to The Guardian we only had 4 shots on target. Do penalties not count in these stats? Even if they don't that's 3 goals out of 4 on target.

BBC seem accurate on stats.

IMG_2600.png

For anyone driving to the league game, this was an absolute piece of piss. No more than a 15 minute to the ground and straight out after for a fiver. If only it was always so simple.

Wasn't quite what we experienced yesterday. Booked pre paid parking close to ground and had no way of getting in it! Apcoa car park but every road was blocked off and after an hour and 15 mins trying and asking Road attendants how to get to it no one was able to help. Ended up in a pokey car park of 10 spaces 5 mins away and cheaper! All good in end but what a palaver!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Did anyone on here ever go to Bramall Lane when it also hosted cricket? Wish I’d seen it.

IMG_4646.jpeg

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I keep saying it this season but that was one of the best away days ever. (I have seen us win 4-1, 3-2 and 5-2 and beat Ajax this season though so maybe not a surprise I keep saying it).

Seven goals, five for us including an absolute beauty and we didn’t play THAT well.

Off the field done tremendous high jinks that included feeding Jeff Stelling’s son tonic wine, drinking with a fancy dress pub crawl (theme; dead celebrities*), cracking atmosphere (apart from the weird Wednesday chants), some nawty Yorkshiremen picking on the wrong person and a great chat with a Sheffield United old boy on the train home who said “you were lucky………..lucky you drew us…).

*here’s Captain Tom telling me off.

IMG_1922.png

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Both my dad and my grandad used to watch the cricket and the football at the lane… even some photos somewhere I believe 😃
One of two venues - both still intact - to host test match cricket, the FA Cup Final and England home football matches (thanks Wikipedia).

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Did anyone on here ever go to Bramall Lane when it also hosted cricket? Wish I’d seen it.

View attachment 174002
I saw my first ever game at Bramall Lane in 1966 when it was also a cricket ground and a strange three sided football ground. They lost 1-0 at home to Newcastle. I was taken by my uncle, who lived in Rotherham, who was the only person in my family with any interest in football.. He gave me the choice of Rotherham v Millwall or Sheff Utd v Newcastle on the same night. A month later, I found my true love at the Goldstone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here