[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
We simply can’t score again. Sheffield Utd, relegated with 6 games to go and we’ve been lucky to salvage a point from them this season. 1 point against West Brom, 2 points against Fulham. For all of the lovely football and progressive play that is simply not good enough.

But four against Liverpool. It's the Brighton way.....

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would have been happy with a draw, because Sheff Utd aren't as bad as their points tally suggests.
But ****ing hell!

That was total shite

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Ref was way too soft on their time wasting antics. Such a frustrating watch

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If we're being honest that wasn't much of a surprise. Very charitable of us to throw a lifeline to Fulham though.

Lots of talk about how we can push on and finish top half next season but I have my doubts.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Surely it’s time to give Zeqiri a start, Khadra a start and Connolly a lift to the airport

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Bissouma cant shoot on target... always way over
Maupay cant score
Webster slow
Jahanbash is rubbish
Connolly not premier league
Trossard keeps getting caught in posession
Llallana needs shooting practice

Infact all were dog t&rd tonight

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Actually, I’m just going to leave NSC for the night. And MOTD. And any football at all.

Pfft!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
maybe so, but i think the difference is actually potter and bielsa. nothing i have heard or seen from your gaffer and your team suggest he can get - i dunno, a barndoor bamford as he was so often called on here, to perform at the top level. i didn't buy into the ben white hype last year and appreciate he is playing against better quality players now in a system that doesn't entirely suit him but at times last year he played like maldini, i have watched your lot 9 or 10 times this season and he looks devoid of all ability and confidence. would $40m, a bamford esque scorer and a 10th place finish have been worth his name in your squad? has he really added that much value to you this season?

anyway, i think you've enough points on the board to not worry and lucky for you fulham couldn't win if we gifted it them on a plate.

What £40m striker would we buy then? It’s not as simplistic as that, those type of strikers would be hunted by bigger teams and have wages we couldn’t afford.

You didn’t get Ben White. Deal with it.

I fecking HATE following these wankers. Nothing is more predictable than losing games like this. Can we singn McGoldrick for next season please, he always scores against us.

It’s not an awful idea, he’s technically decent, not a great goalscorer but could do the Murray job of squad player

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I fecking HATE following these wankers. Nothing is more predictable than losing games like this. Can we singn McGoldrick for next season please, he always scores against us.

Good idea.

#anyonebutMaupay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Taking off Moder was a horrible decision

Putting connolly on was also

Rewarding Maupay with 90 was also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to be next to Potter and ask him after every hopeless Maupay touch - "What did you make of that Graham?" What is he watching. I like Maupay as a squad player but on more than one occasion, he's a hindrance to achieving a point of 3.

PeakGull

Aug 30, 2017
Derbyshire
Why is it that whenever somene makes a good forward run into space the ball always seems to end up back with Sanchez!!! It happens time and time again - That first half was absolutely shocking and why on earth was Connolly brought on?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Potter has to take full blame for that, yes March and Lamptey are injured but stop trying to crowbar in players to fill their shoes, Moder and Gross looked lost out there, Zeqiri played amazingly in that position against Southampton but doesn't seem to get a look in. Better still just go to a back 4 and give them more to think about. We looked better once true wide players were brought on but they already had a lead to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports