Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield pubs

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Touched a raw nerve there, obviously. Lol. In the end, it's about what you want your match-day experience to be...especially after a 200-mile journey. I've lived in the area for 50 years, so it's based on experience not bigotry. There are good people everywhere, and not all Crucians are bad people, but it's about playing the percentages. In my view Brighton fans are less likely to get aggro in Wadsley than in Hillsborough, that's all.

I've lived in Sheffield for 25 years and I concur that Hillsborough wont exactly give you a good / proper impression of Sheffield or it's great pubs.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Touched a raw nerve there, obviously. Lol. In the end, it's about what you want your match-day experience to be...especially after a 200-mile journey. I've lived in the area for 50 years, so it's based on experience not bigotry. There are good people everywhere, and not all Crucians are bad people, but it's about playing the percentages. In my view Brighton fans are less likely to get aggro in Wadsley than in Hillsborough, that's all.

We are driving up this afternoon as we are making a weekend of it visiting my Nan and Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt is gonna drop us in town tomorrow afternoon.... Will have a chat with them and see what they think too :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's my weekend sorted then. Sheffield Tap, match, Kelham Island crawl. Sunday: Sheffield Tap, train, Wetherspoons at Victoria, Buckingham Arms,home.

If you like Indian food then check out The Bhaji Shop - Thali Cafe at Kelham Island. They moved relatively recently from near me as they were doing so well they needed bigger premises. Not been to the new place yet but the old one was excellent.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Sheffield Tap used to have a strict "no football shirt" policy on matchdays - might be worth bearing in mind for those intending visiting

Jan 30, 2008
you need to have a look at our away support:lolol:
regards
DR

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
You can go direct from the station to Hillsborough. Takes about 25 mins.

To Hillsborough corner, yes. But if you want to get to the ground, you'll need to switch to a yellow route tram, which you can do after travelling into town. I always change at Cathedral but anytime before the routes diverge is fine

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To Hillsborough corner, yes. But if you want to get to the ground, you'll need to switch to a yellow route tram, which you can do after travelling into town. I always change at Cathedral but anytime before the routes diverge is fine

Sorry, yes you're right. Depending on timing I'd also consider walking up through town and hitting a couple of pubs round Division St before getting the yellow route tram from West Street direct to the Leppings Lane stop.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Sorry, yes you're right. Depending on timing I'd also consider walking up through town and hitting a couple of pubs round Division St before getting the yellow route tram from West Street direct to the Leppings Lane stop.
No probs. Anyone taking the option of drinking in the West Street area, Dev Cat, Bath Hotel & Red Lion are good options for the real ale fans (plus there's a Brew Dog on Division Street). Great Guinness is available in the Grapes (just off West Street) & Fagan's on Broad Lane - which is on the way to Kelham Island.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
If you like Indian food then check out The Bhaji Shop - Thali Cafe at Kelham Island. They moved relatively recently from near me as they were doing so well they needed bigger premises. Not been to the new place yet but the old one was excellent.

Ah, you are based up near Chesterfield Road, the aforementioned Bhaji shop is a client of mine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haway the groovy gang, see you all up there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here