Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shares

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I haven't got a clue how they work but i brought some shares in Leeds a few years back at 3p i think each.I have almost 1500 but they are no longer listed in the sun paper.Also when i brought them Leeds were a PLC company and am i right they are no longer a PLC company?Where do i stand in all this.Cheers

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
rogue said:
I haven't got a clue how they work but i brought some shares in Leeds a few years back at 3p i think each.I have almost 1500 but they are no longer listed in the sun paper.Also when i brought them Leeds were a PLC company and am i right they are no longer a PLC company?Where do i stand in all this.Cheers

If you bought 1500 shares at 3p each it would have cost you a fortune in share dealing fees compared to what you actually received.Normall charge is about £15 so the shares actually cost you another 25% each to buy.
You must buy enough shares to make it worth your while the same as selling them you also get charged a fee by the stockbrokers.
As far as the shares go i think the are now a private company

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Re: Re: Shares

ILOVEBHA said:
If you bought 1500 shares at 3p each it would have cost you a fortune in share dealing fees compared to what you actually received.Normall charge is about £15 so the shares actually cost you another 25% each to buy.
You must buy enough shares to make it worth your while the same as selling them you also get charged a fee by the stockbrokers.
As far as the shares go i think the are now a private company

how to confuse an already complicated situation by ILOVEBHA...

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Leeds United plc was wound up, with no return to shareholders. In other words, unfortunately, you've lost your money.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
So they are now worhless because Leeds have gone private?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Grendel said:
Leeds United plc was wound up, with no return to shareholders. In other words, unfortunately, you've lost your money.

It means that all the people that hold shares are being hunted down by the Leeds mafia.

Beware of Yorkshiremen in vans with baseball bats, that's what I say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
rogue said:
So they are now worhless because Leeds have gone private?

Well if you bought 1500 @ 3p each and the dealing costs were fifteen quid then they were pretty damn worthless to start with :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here