Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shanghai Shenhua 'want Tomer Hemed'

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple question for the club, is he the answer to our goalscoring? If so he is worth more to us than £5m if not take the cash and put it towards somebody who they think will be.

I swear we'd be in division 4 if you were running things.

Of course he isn't "the answer" to our goalscoring, but he is clearly a good enough squad player. We need 4 strikers and to try and replace even a 4th choice Premier league striker would cost way more than £5m. And that's without considering the other issue here, which is that £5m is chicken feed compared to the £100m windfall for staying in the division.

You and everybody else seem to be weighing this up against another £100m and not basing your reasoning on whether or not he is good enough to (a) keep Baldock out of contention (b) offer competition to any striker we may sign. (c) score enough goals when he does play. If the answer to any of those is No then we should look to sell him. When we sign a striker on a permenant deal, which seems likely, and if possibly a young one on loan we will then have those 2 plus GM, SB and TH how many do we need?

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm with those who say Tomer should be given a new contract. But the fact that he was told to pack his bags in the summer as we no longer wanted him suggests that isn't going to happen.

Who really wants to stay in a job where you know the boss doesn't want you there and is only keeping you on because he can't find a replacement. Not a nice situation to be in at all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the fact that he was told to pack his bags in the summer as we no longer wanted him suggests that isn't going to happen.
So he was told to pack his bags as we didn't want him, Reading offered some decent money for him, yet we didn't take it. Where's the proof he was told we didn't want him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So he was told to pack his bags as we didn't want him, Reading offered some decent money for him, yet we didn't take it. Where's the proof he was told we didn't want him?

Was it not more a case of CH couldnt gaurantee him games but said he could stay and fight for a place and TH chose to go down that route, rather than move on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was it not more a case of CH couldnt gaurantee him games but said he could stay and fight for a place and TH chose to go down that route, rather than move on.
I've no idea. I'd think it goes without saying that games aren't guaranteed for anyone, but hopefully Chris gave Tomer hope that he'd get a chance. What I can't understand is how it's a fact that he was told to pack his bags, that sounds like BS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've no idea. I'd think it goes without saying that games aren't guaranteed for anyone, but hopefully Chris gave Tomer hope that he'd get a chance. What I can't understand is how it's a fact that he was told to pack his bags, that sounds like BS.

I would agree because had that been the case he wouldnt be here now. As regards guarantees I dont thInk that he would have been considered 1st choice striker to lead the line,.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they're going to pay him the same sort of money they're presumably having to pay Carlos Tevez, then I reckon we should take the money, and let him go - on condition that he buys his replacement for us!

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
A good sub on the bench in the PL is definitely worth £5million. So Tomer must stay for the remainder of the season. Any one or more of Glen, Isi, Sam or Jose will in all probability pick up an injury, and we'll be needing Tomer to start. So we keep him until we have a bank of game ready alternatives.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shanghai Shenhua want Tomer Hemed, I'd drive him there...

...£1 a mile + expenses.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think Tomer has been great this season and if Murray is off form or gets injured we’ll need him to step up to the plate. He won’t go in January unless we bring in replacements.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Let's have some common sense :)
Yes we should sell and we should look to get a couple of strikers in January after he's gone.Do you want the club giving hemed a longer contract when theoretically he's not goner play next season if we stay up unless it's cup games?

The club have to look for better strikers it's that simple as Even Murray may not play much next season and baldock is always crocked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here