Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Shane Warne - RIP

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From the article:

'Meanwhile, former England cricketer Dimitri Mascarenhas, who regarded Warne as his “best friend”, said he was “shocked and saddened to learn that his death was entirely preventable”.

“If he’d not taken the Covid vaccine, he’d likely still be alive today,” he added. “He wouldn’t want others to be harmed, so I fully support these doctors’ calls for an immediate suspension of these jabs in Australia and around the world.”'

Yeah, OK mate... :facepalm:

Entirely preventable. FFS!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
From the article:

'Meanwhile, former England cricketer Dimitri Mascarenhas, who regarded Warne as his “best friend”, said he was “shocked and saddened to learn that his death was entirely preventable”.

“If he’d not taken the Covid vaccine, he’d likely still be alive today,” he added. “He wouldn’t want others to be harmed, so I fully support these doctors’ calls for an immediate suspension of these jabs in Australia and around the world.”'

Yeah, OK mate... :facepalm:

Entirely preventable. FFS!
Didn’t former Anglo Aussie cricketer Ben Hollioake die in a car crash a few years ago? Surprised our Dimitri isn’t calling for all cars to be banned as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some times I wonder why I have people on ignore. Then up pops a reply (yours) to some bollocks (his) to remind me.

Warne died from acute myocardial ischaemia on top of coronary atherosclerosis, resulting in ventricular fibrillation ('sudden cardiac death'), according to the reports. This is the single largest cause of death in the west. It is more likely in people with particular lifestyles. The idea that anti vaxxers, from a distance, can attribute this to a vaccine is ludicrous.
It’s even more alarming that all this came from doctors.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s even more alarming that all this came from doctors.
I got copied into a round robin email mess a couple of years ago where an unholy mix of right wing doctors and other oddballs, based in the US, discussed alternative treatments for Covid (all that shit that Trump advocated), while smearing against the NIH and the democrats. I got copied it by an American medic who I'd contacted over what I suspected was scientific fraud (submission of a 'research' paper that was nothing more than opinion, with his name on it, from some bloke from Iran as the corresponding author). It turned out the American knew about this pointless puff piece and approve of it. And added me to his mailing list.

Bottom line, you can function as a physician even if your beliefs are supported by no evidence (Andrew Wakefield showing that this tomfoolery is not limited to America). It is harder to do the same as a scientist because if you are a charlatan (and there are plenty) you are immediately found out if you publish 'data' that would be important were it not fake, and others try to replicate your findings.

Clinical judgement is a euphemism for 'I have no evidence, by I am a physician and this is what I think, and that is the only thing that matters'. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis based on the clinical judgement of my GP. Twenty years later, almost disabled by a 'lively' bowel that meant I could not travel in the mornings unless the train had a working lav - often not the case in the last several years - I was put on the bowel cancer pathway, had a camera up the jacksy, and was found to have no diverticulosis. Nothing. Randomly I cut out lactose and (later) gluten and am now pretty much right as rain. Clinical judgement, (literally) my arse.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't think there's been a bumped RIP thread on here that hasn't had me immediately thinking it was a current event. The Roger Moore or Ronnie Corbett ones could get bumped tomorrow and I'd be thinking the same. (Rushes off to check they are both dead)
I've got some bad news about Tony Hart...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think there's been a bumped RIP thread on here that hasn't had me immediately thinking it was a current event. The Roger Moore or Ronnie Corbett ones could get bumped tomorrow and I'd be thinking the same. (Rushes off to check they are both dead)
Yeah, me too. Checks Google Nest 'Hey Google, is *name inserted* still dead?'

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought that was just me! This one had me thinking "bloody hell, what's happened to him then". Then I saw the dates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here