Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This, from Argus article, would see Sam B benched if Alex P joins:

"Boss Chris Hughton, who worked with Pritchard at Spurs, regards the ex-England under-21 international as a creative No.10 to play behind a main striker."

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Maybe, but she is normally quite realistic about her players. She also thinks he will not come as Blackburn do not have any other centre halfs, but of course time will tell.

Sooo ....what's she's saying is "in so much as if he goes to BHA, he's crap player, but if he stays with Rovers he isn't". The grapes get even sourer! Get him in Mr Winstanley ....get him in! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sooo ....what's she's saying is "in so much as if he goes to BHA, he's crap player, but if he stays with Rovers he isn't". The grapes get even sourer! Get him in Mr Winstanley ....get him in! :)

Sideways move, can't imagine why he'd want to do it.

Just like Greer from Swindon, what a sideways move that was...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The more I read about Duffy I wonder is he an improvement on Greer? He is younger but is he more mobile and as good positioning wise., I wonder. I do not see spending in excess of £3m for him when we have 3 good CB when all fit plus Hall and Dallison learning the ropes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The more I read about Duffy I wonder is he an improvement on Greer? He is younger but is he more mobile and as good positioning wise., I wonder. I do not see spending in excess of £3m for him when we have 3 good CB when all fit plus Hall and Dallison learning the ropes.[/QUOTE

I shouldn't have to remind you that we didn't have enough left backs last season. We already have the same problem with CBs this season and it hasn't even started. We NEED four quality centre backs if we are to have any chance of a top two finish. Duffy is a Championship player Hall and Dallison cannot be relied on at the sharp end of the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The more I read about Duffy I wonder is he an improvement on Greer? He is younger but is he more mobile and as good positioning wise., I wonder. I do not see spending in excess of £3m for him when we have 3 good CB when all fit plus Hall and Dallison learning the ropes.[/QUOTE

I shouldn't have to remind you that we didn't have enough left backs last season. We already have the same problem with CBs this season and it hasn't even started. We NEED four quality centre backs if we are to have any chance of a top two finish. Duffy is a Championship player Hall and Dallison cannot be relied on at the sharp end of the Championship.

That is why I would look at an old experienced man on a 1 yr deal like Haangerland or I am not sure what he is like now Jonathan Woodgate released by Boro.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Don't shoot the messenger but Blackburn supporting work colleague says Duffy is very erratic and poor first half of season and played better second half, thinks 3.5 million is superb for them and not worth much more than 300-500k, they are very happy if they get that sort of money for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£300-500k will get you nothing in this market.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So, with Greer heading to Blackburn, is this a goer again?

I think GG was already on trial at Blackburn, when we first bid for Duffy, so the fact that he has actually signed for them now, shouldn't make too much difference I wouldn't have thought.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Surely we can recall him.

I don't agree,with the 'not being ready', he's cultured, physically strong and would do a steady job.

Given the errors Dunk made last year and Greer at times the year before, i'm not sure readiness comes into it for Dallison.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't it be great if we signed AP AND SD before Derby, off-loaded Manu, then switched Barber's phone off for the whole of the remainder of the transfer window, since our squad would be, for once, where we want it to be?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure a great move for Duffy,

Goldson and Dunk are better players from what I hear so he could easily find himself on the bench a fair bit.

3.5m for a potential bench warmer...... cant see it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here