Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The emphasis is on RIGHT PLAYERS AT THE RIGHT PRICE then the business will be done. Not before or after. I am sure they have some lined up and hopefully will move quickly for a CB as apparently Bruno again proved today thst he is not a CB only for a short time in a game in an emegency.

Got to disagree re Bruno, he was a star....

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Don't shoot the messenger but Blackburn supporting work colleague says Duffy is very erratic and poor first half of season and played better second half, thinks 3.5 million is superb for them and not worth much more than 300-500k, they are very happy if they get that sort of money for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't shoot the messenger but Blackburn supporting work colleague says Duffy is very erratic and poor first half of season and played better second half, thinks 3.5 million is superb for them and not worth much more than 300-500k, they are very happy if they get that sort of money for him.

However my Everton supporting mate says he'd have him back now in a flash.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Mmmmm sounds a bit like Sour Grapes to me, as they think he might come here. And they'll want us to believe they've got the best of the deal.....he looks good to me.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Probably about as informed as the stabs at valuations of our players as many on here. :whistle:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Mmmmm sounds a bit like Sour Grapes to me, as they think he might come here. And they'll want us to believe they've got the best of the deal.....he looks good to me.

Maybe, but she is normally quite realistic about her players. She also thinks he will not come as Blackburn do not have any other centre halfs, but of course time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

How supporters view a player will also show a split in appreciation.

What is more important is how our current recruitment team view him.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If we manage to secure both Duffy AND Pritchard I will be unable to prevent a significant trickle of pre-emission fluid. If we then also sign a quality striker I will, quite simply, explode.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we sign Pritchard we will not go after another striker IMHO.

My gut feeling is that we may not go for another striker anyway, certainly not one who will cost serious money. I hope I'm wrong. What we really DO need though is another competent central defender. Be it Duffy of someone else.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Surely if the Pritchard rumours are true then the club don't see getting the CD as a major priority? Obviously we can run more than one negotiation but the fee alone suggests that we are putting our eggs in one basket? Of course that assumes someone else isn't going...

If that is the case, then I would assume that Godson cannot be too far from fitness? (A few major assumptions here mind?!)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My gut feeling is that we may not go for another striker anyway, certainly not one who will cost serious money. I hope I'm wrong. What we really DO need though is another competent central defender. Be it Duffy of someone else.

I have said it before I would offer Haangerland a 1 yr contract to cover while our other CBs get back up to fitness and Hall and Dallison prove their worth and that they are ready for the step up. He could do for us now what Upson did.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If we manage to secure both Duffy AND Pritchard I will be unable to prevent a significant trickle of pre-emission fluid. If we then also sign a quality striker I will, quite simply, explode.

Agreed. I was thinking we wouldn't spend big on Duffy but if we are in for Pritchard, maybe we will spend big on a centre back too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I have said it before I would offer Haangerland a 1 yr contract to cover while our other CBs get back up to fitness and Hall and Dallison prove their worth and that they are ready for the step up. He could do for us now what Upson did.

I was saying yesterday that the principle makes sense but he can't be fit enough to play having not been at a club all pre season and our need is someone for Saturday and maybe a couple of weeks after that. By the time a free transfer signing is fit to play, hopefully Goldson will be back and Huhnemeier close to returning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that he has kept himself basically fit while looking for another contract, probably his last, and his experience will see him through knowing where to be at the right time so as to not be exposed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surely if the Pritchard rumours are true then the club don't see getting the CD as a major priority? Obviously we can run more than one negotiation but the fee alone suggests that we are putting our eggs in one basket? Of course that assumes someone else isn't going...

If that is the case, then I would assume that Godson cannot be too far from fitness? (A few major assumptions here mind?!)

Yes, this Pritchard rumour, (although it seems to be rather more than a rumour now), really did come out of left field, another winger/midfielder was the last thing on my mind.

I don't think the club have set any particular timescale on Goldson being fit, although they are talking about Sept for Hunamaeir I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here