Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
As it certainly wasn't leaked by us (demonstrably not how we do business) we are left with two choices - Blackburn hoping to start a bidding war, or his agent seeking a better deal or a transfer..
Either way you'd think Blackburn fans' comments in the local rag are right and it'll be wrapped up one way or the other by Monday or Tuesday.
Certainly? But we've spent no money this season...could be a PR move to keep the fans happy by creating a perception that we're trying to buy players even if we're skint...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly? But we've spent no money this season...could be a PR move to keep the fans happy by creating a perception that we're trying to buy players even if we're skint...

Don't believe for one moment Bloom would ever consider that. It's not him. He would rather be honest and tell the fans that money was tight this year.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Offer £4m and sell dunk for £9m, seems like good business to me.

Which would mean we would have to spend again on a decent centre back.

We need four good centre backs to compete as we saw last year. Can you imagine what would have happened if we'd lost Goldson or Dunk during Greers injury with Hunemeier being injured aswell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh I'm sure the club has money to spend. We are just, as ever, being very diligent with our recruitment. In any case, having come so heartbreakingly close to promotion last season, all we need is a fine tuning of the squad, not a massive overhaul.

I'm still confident at least a couple of new faces will arrive by the end of August, but they have to be the right fit for the squad, and just as importantly, at the right price. Tony won't pay a penny more than he absolutely has to.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

So is this it ?
- Our media team have been told to leak stories about us buying players to fool fans and make them feel better.
- This is because we've no intention of buying any more players because Bloom is skint and despite funding £18m losses a year and buying Skalak, Knockeart, and funding the wages of ex Prem players like Sidwell and Murray.
- Despite being skint he can afford to turn down £20m of bids for our players in the last few weeks or so.

blimey !!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I expect a couple of signings early next week when the players have drawn their last bumper pay packet from their Premier clubs probably Tues/Wed. Probably 2 players who have never been mentioned on here and nobody aware we are after them.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So is this it ?
- Our media team have been told to leak stories about us buying players to fool fans and make them feel better.
- This is because we've no intention of buying any more players because Bloom is skint and despite funding £18m losses a year and buying Skalak, Knockeart, and funding the wages of ex Prem players like Sidwell and Murray.
- Despite being skint he can afford to turn down £20m of bids for our players in the last few weeks or so.

blimey !!!

Well said CJ...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh I'm sure the club has money to spend. We are just, as ever, being very diligent with our recruitment. In any case, having come so heartbreakingly close to promotion last season, all we need is a fine tuning of the squad, not a massive overhaul.

I'm still confident at least a couple of new faces will arrive by the end of August, but they have to be the right fit for the squad, and just as importantly, at the right price. Tony won't pay a penny more than he absolutely has to.

Agreed. Also, it is rather hard to find the type of players we are looking for at the right price. Competition is strong and they need to be of a high standard. People talk of this magical 7-10m '20 goal' striker. You can't find them on Ebay- and it's not just Albion who want one.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
So is this it ?

blimey !!!
Skint as in "haven't any money left for transfers having pumped a fair bit in last year and in January". It's not that far-fetched is it? We don't need to sell but can't afford to buy and here we are...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Skint as in "haven't any money left for transfers having pumped a fair bit in last year and in January". It's not that far-fetched is it? We don't need to sell but can't afford to buy and here we are...

It is extremely far fetched when you look at the facts. When you look for conspiracy theories, it might be logical. However, one question for you. Why would Bloom make his rallying cry at the end of last season and talk about really going for it this season if that was the case? Why not say nothing rather than increase expectation?

To be honest, if you were right, I think we'd have more signings by now as we'd have gone for cheaper options. However, we're only looking for really top players (especially up front) so it takes more time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

So when we offered £3.5m for Duffy , last week, with presumably a view to going higher we have no intention of actually coughing up when the Venkys go - alright then...

That really is far fetched nonsense.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I expect a couple of signings early next week when the players have drawn their last bumper pay packet from their Premier clubs probably Tues/Wed. Probably 2 players who have never been mentioned on here and nobody aware we are after them.

******* hell. I hate to post this, but..........this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

All we are trying to do is fine tune the squad, with maybe a couple of new additions. We only missed out on promotion by less than a whisker. After all, if it isn't broke what is there to fix?

I'm sure the money is there for when the right players, at the right price, come along.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I expect a couple of signings too BG, but I don't know if it's going to be as soon as early next week. We have to wait until later in the month, but hope you are right!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All we are trying to do is fine tune the squad, with maybe a couple of new additions. We only missed out on promotion by less than a whisker. After all, if it isn't broke what is there to fix?

I'm sure the money is there for when the right players, at the right price, come along.

The emphasis is on RIGHT PLAYERS AT THE RIGHT PRICE then the business will be done. Not before or after. I am sure they have some lined up and hopefully will move quickly for a CB as apparently Bruno again proved today thst he is not a CB only for a short time in a game in an emegency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here