Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
All gone quiet on this one, I assume our 2nd bid has been rejected?....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that subject to wages being acceptable both Greer and Brown would sign for them in what will probably be their last contract as players. Selling their 2 could earn them £9m which is not to be sneezed at.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This one is dragging on too long now, clearly Blackburn want too much. No doubt we are looking elsewhere.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes, but not signed. It would be foolish if the club allowed Duffy to go (following Hanley's departure) without replacements in place. Imagine the furore if that happened here.

I'm probably clutching at straws with the Duffy to BHA story!

Not to mention the replacements would suddenly ask for more money knowing they'll start rather than fight for a spot on the bench

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Coyle confirming we'd bid for Duffy yesterday.

""I think the story was released from Brighton saying that they’d made that offer (for Duffy) which was turned down, which it was.
"That is 100 per cent the truth of it."
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...says_he_will_do_transfer_business_in_private/

As it certainly wasn't leaked by us (demonstrably not how we do business) we are left with two choices - Blackburn hoping to start a bidding war, or his agent seeking a better deal or a transfer..
Either way you'd think Blackburn fans' comments in the local rag are right and it'll be wrapped up one way or the other by Monday or Tuesday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... Coyle definitely points the figure at the Albion for leaking the story... would be very surprised if that were true... maybe Coyle should get his facts straight...

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Maybe he's not our primary choice and we want the agent of our primary choice to know that we have other options.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Personally I believed that Greer had another useful season in him. He was part of our unbeaten run last year and we seem a bit desperate now just to cover Goldson to start the season. If we were to get Duffy he would expect to be in the starting 11 even with Goldson fit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally I believed that Greer had another useful season in him. He was part of our unbeaten run last year and we seem a bit desperate now just to cover Goldson to start the season. If we were to get Duffy he would expect to be in the starting 11 even with Goldson fit.

I guess Greer thought he would be in the starting eleven when fit.,,,,but form was with Goldson/Dunk....so if someone like Duffy signed and was showing 'form' then yes he would be in the starting eleven...irrespective of fee paid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here