Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was thinking more of the 50s when we had Don Bates as back up to or as a choice with Steve Burtenshaw and Glen Wilson and Wolves had Eddie Clamp as back up to to Bill Slater and Ron Flowers,

I don't think I could have picked a name any more suited to the 1950's had I tried, than Eddie Clamp!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would be horrified if we had two center halves with the combine age of 74.That's not competent all all.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
depends how young and quick the full backs are. We had Bruno and Greer last season with a combined age of nearly 70.

Hasn't got much to do with full backs. Some clubs like to play the long ball over the top or stretch the center backs. Good strikers turn quick and have a burst of pace. Having two old center backs is a complete no no. It's ok if you are looking to consolidate in this league but we are not. We are aspiring to get automatics. Thankfully most managers wouldn't agree with you anyway.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I would be horrified if we had two center halves with the combine age of 74.That's not competent all all.

Greer is 35 and Brown is 36. How does that make 74?

When Greer and Upson finished their last season together for us their combined age was 68 and we made the play offs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Odds moved in 1/2 to sign for us. Normally this just indicates money moving on him but you never know

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hasn't got much to do with full backs. Some clubs like to play the long ball over the top or stretch the center backs. Good strikers turn quick and have a burst of pace. Having two old center backs is a complete no no. It's ok if you are looking to consolidate in this league but we are not. We are aspiring to get automatics. Thankfully most managers wouldn't agree with you anyway.

Most clubs will look at the weaknesses, whether that be at center back or full back, or just on one side etc. Besides, what Blackburn may or may not do has sod all to do with what we are trying to achieve, so i'm not sure of your point there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Most clubs will look at the weaknesses, whether that be at center back or full back, or just on one side etc. Besides, what Blackburn may or may not do has sod all to do with what we are trying to achieve, so i'm not sure of your point there.

Not sure why you jumped in without reading the conservation between myself and grandad first. If you had then it would have stopped you posting what is effectually a nonsense.reply.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure why you jumped in without reading the conservation between myself and granddad first. If you had then it would have stopped you posting what is effectually a nonsense.reply.

I did read it. It still didn't make any sense, though that's not unusual.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure why you jumped in without reading the conservation between myself and grandad first. If you had then it would have stopped you posting what is effectually a nonsense.reply.

What are you & BG conserving?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I do know you. I remember you from the Brewery Tap.

Just a gentle joke at mixing up conservation and conversation.

Well i'm not in the north stand no more and the Tap was a good pub back in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here