Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If you cared about Brighton like you say then stop grizzling and actually back the players we sign. It's embarrassing reading some of the shit on here. All of a sudden people seem to be experts on Duffy.

We smash our transfer record and people are still ungrateful FFS

I'm betting most people on here haven't seen him play more than 5/6 times, but just because he had a couple of shocking games earlier this season he is 'bang average'. This recruitment team haven't got many wrong yet, give the guy a chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I may be in a minority of one here but I couldn't be much more disappointed if I tried.
From what I've seen of Duffy I really don't rate him above being a bang average championship defender.
Good with his head, but error prone and easily pulled out of position.
I'm glad we signed a CB but believe we could have done better, I know he's an international etc etc, but I couldn't care less about that, what I care about is Brighton and us not having defenders on the pitch that are likely to give the opposition chances and ultimately be blameworthy for goals every match. Colin Hawkins MK2.
God I hope I'm wrong. With that said, if he gets into the side, he will have my full support and I truly hope he can perform at a level that makes this post look incredibly silly.
Bet Blackburn are rubbing their hands and the rest of the promotion contenders are laughing their arses off at us.
Please please please prove me wrong Shane.

Further back in this thread is a chart with Championship Stats. Shane Duffy and Oliver Norwood are in the top 5.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm betting most people on here haven't seen him play more than 5/6 times, but just because he had a couple of shocking games earlier this season he is 'bang average'. This recruitment team haven't got many wrong yet, give the guy a chance.
As usual I'm not impressed with the club not only singing a player I have heard of, but one I assume I have seen play.

I'm hoping this will all change with the signing of 'the' striker.
Ideally he'll be from a country I haven't even heard of before.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I may be in a minority of one here but I couldn't be much more disappointed if I tried.
From what I've seen of Duffy I really don't rate him above being a bang average championship defender.
Good with his head, but error prone and easily pulled out of position.
I'm glad we signed a CB but believe we could have done better, I know he's an international etc etc, but I couldn't care less about that, what I care about is Brighton and us not having defenders on the pitch that are likely to give the opposition chances and ultimately be blameworthy for goals every match. Colin Hawkins MK2.
God I hope I'm wrong. With that said, if he gets into the side, he will have my full support and I truly hope he can perform at a level that makes this post look incredibly silly.
Bet Blackburn are rubbing their hands and the rest of the promotion contenders are laughing their arses off at us.
Please please please prove me wrong Shane.

Paul Winstanley has done an excellent job to date and hasn't as yet overseen the signing of anyone that has really let us down. Yes, the jury is still out on Elvis, but it's clear that he has something going for him too. I appreciate that you're underwhelmed by the signing, but I'd advise you to reserve judgement until you've seen him play a few times.

Winstanley, Hughton and Barber know far better than you and I, and they've done enough to deserve our faith and patience here - besides, the Premier League clubs sniffing around (not to mention the Irish national team) also clearly saw something in Duffy. I really don't think it's a case of 'the emperor's new clothes' here.

Besides, Duffy will be one of four defenders at Hughton's disposal. The whole point is that he gives us both quality and strength in depth at the back. Whichever way you look at it, we are in a much stronger position in defence than we were at the start of last season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I said if Duffy serves us as well as JN he would do well 200 games. When it was is totally immaterial as is opposition as you can only play the opposition that is against you.

'When' is very material. You clearly cited Napier as the last CB we got from that area; he wasn't. However, there is only one thing in this world more certain than death and taxes so I won't fight it. Over to you for you to have the last word.........!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As usual I'm not impressed with the club not only singing a player I have heard of, but one I assume I have seen play.

I'm hoping this will all change with the signing of 'the' striker.
Ideally he'll be from a country I haven't even heard of before.

I give you: Anggisu Barbosa, 23 year old captain of the national side of Timor-Leste. he has scored 3 international goals, which makes him their leading goalsorer (by a margin of, er, 3). If we actually sign him I expect NSC to pay for my season ticket ad infinitum. BG, have you been tracking him? :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Delighted we now have a full compliment of 4 experienced central defenders.

Now for the forward to compete with Baldock.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Delighted we now have a full compliment of 4 experienced central defenders.

Now for the forward to compete with Baldock.

A forward to go alongside Murray. That's not disrespecting Hemed or Baldock.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazed at some of the comments in this thread - echoes of Norwood but even worse. Duffy is a full international and was, along with Norwood, in the top 6 championship players of the season last term despite playing in a shit team. Who the **** are we supposed to be signing ?

The current management/recruitment team have got pretty much an impeccable record in the last 18 months or so. They've also recognised where we needed to strengthen to make sure we don't get screwed by injuries and suspensions to key players or have to burn players out because there is no cover/alternative like last season, and TB is backing them with his cheque book. A club record for a defender FFS........I predict the club record will go again within a few days.......

Struggling to see what more those in charge can do to be honest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It seems that CH doesnt want a standard striker like Vydra but an attacking midfielder/ striker I think Lansbury fits the bill or not sure where he is on the Spurs ratings Tom Carroll or how high up the list at Southampton is Harrison Reed either as a possible loan.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It seems that CH doesnt want a standard striker like Vydra but an attacking midfielde/ striker I think Lansbury fits the bill or not sure where he is on the Spurs ratings Tom Carroll

From what I've seen,read and heard about Lansbury, he's a bit of a big time Charlie and is on massive wages at Forest. Carroll has been told he can leave Spurs but he's a deep lying midfielder rather than a number 10. I'm sure Chris and Paul Winstanley have a few targets, Bradley Dack would be ideal so hopefully there's some truth in the rumours.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Further back in this thread is a chart with Championship Stats. Shane Duffy and Oliver Norwood are in the top 5.

That's all very well, but if you ignore those pesky facts he's obviously going to be a weak link and Barber, Hughton and Bloom should go now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All you just randomly picking players for the sake of it?

Possibly but they are players that have played limited games for their Premier club but have done well when they did. Ideally I would like Lansbury but I dont think Forest would sell him to us. We are then left with Dack or similar from a lower division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here